Need A Little Advice

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BigDaddySlimTim2019, Aug 21, 2019.

1. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Check on TLD.. Theyve got a driving school in crossville tn.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iowa80

Iowa80 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    One thing I can't help but see is your following statement....

"I honestly want to get out on the road and not worry about anything."

I'm not even on the road yet and I know that statement is fraught with misconception.

You can't run away from your problems.... and as much as you'll challenge my conception, this is what it sounds like you're doing. I won't even get into the obvious of being naïve to the potential problems you are going to inherit once behind the wheel. If you believe you won't have to "worry about anything" out there, those glasses you're wearing aren't rose colored, they're Ray Charles caliber.

Do everyone a favor and think about what it is you really want, because until you really know that, you're inviting a whole lot of hurt into your life because you think driving a truck is somehow the way to "get away" from whatever it is that ails you.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That was what also got me too

"I wanna run away and have a empty mind free of trouble at home" (Paraphrase my words)

Brother, you are entering a industry with which whatever you decide to do before you do it with a truck and load is going to either get you fired and back home with the same problems and broke or successful out here.

If I wanted to empty my mind, I tend to take a couple of days and go sail with instructor or horse or whatever it may be. Some people use drugs. Others just roll along enjoying life. And so on.

In this industry you are going to be vexed with a slow dispatcher a waiting shipper or reciever and poor traffic, or god forbid a tinpot DOT (As opposed to a professional who knows whats what...) or whatever else problems requiring your mental solving of same. Plus where to park, what to eat and how much and so on and on.

And the top.

Where is my pay. And if you are married you don't get final say, wife will be asking you that.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Roehl is probably the best option of the 3 you mentioned. China's RE West might also be a way to go.

6. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I have a friend getting his heart skewered by an insane ex who has brainwashed his daughter into hating him when he loves every hair on her head. She has managed to cost my friend jobs, have his door kicked in and get him a few months in jail all on lies.

And he has to just sit there and bleed a few miles from his baby girl. Situation like that.. Id rather be on the road saving up lawyer money and not forced to restrain myself from just grabbing my kid and heading for a border.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.