Need advice..... 3 fb trailer securement

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Socal Xpress, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Picking up a load of flatbed trailers stacked on each other. I don't have more details other then 3 trailers.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Straps with edge protection over the top of the decks. I like to put cross chains onfront and back. But gonna be difficult with 3 trailers. But even some cross straps go along ways especially on the front. Just throw straps til u feel its good. If they are air ride trailer ur gonna wannna check it like every 30 miles for the first 100 miles because that extra air in the bags is gonna loosen up ur straps... other than that , they ride real easy , nice and light

shawnhhllc, Tug Toy and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  4. beastr123

beastr123 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Moose Jaw SK CAN
    A strap at each axle over the top is good. Strapping top to middle and middle to bottom at the axles and dollies is best for straps with three or four extra over the top until you feel comfortable.
    Cross chaining top to middle and middle to bottom is the best.
    Be sure to drain the air from the suspension while the dollies are suspended to prevent landing gear damage before takedown.

jamespmack, Socal Xpress and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    When the trailer are stacked lower the landing gear and check height of the stack if not lowered could be over height,

6. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
  7. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Make sure the air bags are dumped. If they are new you will probably be only allowed to use straps.

If they are not stacked when you get there drain all the air out of the tanks. When they lift them up the HCV will let most of the air out of the bags, when they sit the trailer down there won’t be any air in the tanks to refill the bags.

cke and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. Socal Xpress

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Update. Thanks to all for advice given. I normally only do dry/reefer loads.

I picked up at Boyd Brothers in Birmingham Al. The trailers were stacked already and no air on the top 2 trailers. I had 10 straps and used them all. Another driver only uses 6 straps all from the top trailer to the bottom. ( he would only use 5 but had a minor issue and now 6) I went thur 4 coops and no issues and onto Springfield Mo.

Speed_Drums and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. Socal Xpress

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    2013 Utility spreads beaten up badly.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.