Need Advice

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by KandeeKane9, Aug 23, 2015.

1. KandeeKane9

KandeeKane9 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2015

Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    KandeeKane9, when you start out, it can be challenging to find the right company, especially when you don't have any experience. The reason some carriers don't hire from certain areas is due to them not being able to get you home very often. Another may be the shortage of available freight. With several turning you down because of where you live, you may just need to make a lot of phone calls. Some carriers list their jobs with local state employment offices. This is a resource that is missed by many potential drivers. But, if you go by a truck stop and pick up some of the trucking magazines, they usually list or have an outline of areas where they hire. I don't know where you reside in West Virginia, but there is bound to be a truck stop somewhere not too far from you. If there isn't anything close, it would make a nice drive to find one. The big chains usually have the magazines, such as TA, Petro, Pilot, Flying J or Love's. There are several independent truck stops in your state, as well. You should be able to google "truck stops" or do a search for diesel prices in WVA. It may bring up the website www.dieselboss.com. You can plug in the primary roads or cities near you and it will bring up truck stops.

KandeeKane9 Thanks this.
  4. KandeeKane9

Aug 23, 2015
    Thank you G/man
    I am planning on visiting the nearest truck stop to me tomorrow. Which is actually in Virginia. I am just hoping that the truckers there are as nice to me as yall have been when I start asking questions. And not just think that I have lost my mind lol

5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I am glad there is a truck stop near you. There are some jerks in this business, but I think you will find most are willing to talk with you and share their experience with their company.

6. KandeeKane9

Aug 23, 2015
    It is only 45 minutes away. So far I have only met nice people. But with anything there are those that are not nice

7. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    There are no Doubles with Conway Truckload. You are confusing them with Conway Freight.

Dreamboat Thanks this.
  8. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    What TS.....??? Be careful lookin like your profile pic around there without a QRF nearby.. People can get the wrong idea real quick...

KandeeKane9 Thanks this.
  9. KandeeKane9

Aug 23, 2015

Yes that is what I am afraid. Will have to dress manly.

10. KandeeKane9

Aug 23, 2015

Yes that is what I am thinking of is Conway freight

11. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    Do you plan to drive flatbed? If so system hires out of VA my trainer was from VA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.