Need advice!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Texasflo, Jun 7, 2016.

1. colt379

colt379 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Definetly a brake problem. Now that I think about it...how did you get it in gear without the clutch?Seems like a lot of grinding would have acquired and if the brakes were in adjustment the truck should have stalled immediately.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Bro, unless you want to have to pay for this, stop admitting you were (partially) at-fault. I know you are trying to do the hat-in-hand, humble, bigger man routine. But just stop it. You are acting against your own legal interests.

Tell the insurance company to take a flying leap and to sue you if they think they can win. Odds are they will not sue you. Unless, of course, you keep foolishly admitting fault.

Texasflo Thanks this.
  4. Texasflo

Texasflo Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2016
    That's exactly what I say. The truck never stalled and no loud grinding noise happened.

5. Texasflo

Texasflo Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2016
    What would you tell the insurance company?would you call and give them more information about you? All they have is first and last name, phone number, and an email address.

6. Texasflo

Texasflo Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I have not responded back to them since I was not sure what to do.

7. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    I wouldn't tell them anything else. Nothing. Don't talk to them again. You do not have a duty to cooperate with the insurance company. Silence is golden.

Texasflo and silver dollar Thank this.
  8. silver dollar

silver dollar Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Central North Carolina
    Do nothing, do not respond to them. If they peruse the matter further, see where it goes, then retain counsel if needed. As someone else said, you are not obligated to talk to them.

Texasflo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.