Need comcheck , pls

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by pavrom, Sep 14, 2018.

1. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Here is the situation :
    I forgot my card at TA restaurant and now I'm 250 miles away and need to fuel up for 100-150$ just to get home . I'm in West unity oh service plaza heading to Chicago . If anyone happen to have a comcheck and willing to exchange for the chase bank quick pay I appreciate the help .
    I have one personal check and gas station doesn't accept it ...not even credit card over the phone ( I was thinking to call my wife and get her card number )

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    TA doesn’t accept Comdata so how did you leave your card there?

4. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Have your wife go online and order you an Uber to the nearest bank that will cash your personal check.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    You should have your card # in your head by now and you can fill out your com/ck and it will work just like you do the ck. over the phone?

6. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Send yourself a text (it'll come through as voicemail contact) of your card # so you'll always have it.
    Or take a picture of the front and back so it'll be in your gallery for emergencies.

7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    That was reg Visa card ...not comdata card

8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I’m pretty sure they do....

skellr Thanks this.
  9. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    better call them ( the ta ) and tell them because they don't know they don't take com data ....... why are you using a visa card anyways .... if you are a company driver why are you paying for fuel and if you are an owner operator you are paying a lot more for fuel better get a comdata card and get that discount and if you lose it you can still write a com check for fuel ........ how are you getting advances,on your loads ........ I am guessing that you must be in a hot shot pickup truck or similar

10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    There is ATM in the hall. No Debit cards in your wallet?
    You can't be serious expecting someone from this forum sending you money like that.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You better call visa and have them cancel the card.

Your spouse can wire money to any bank you go into and talk to a officer at a desk, they can build a temporary transfer to recieve the wire by account and routing number to you directly. Just takes time.

Comdata is one of the industry standard, the idea TA dont take it strikes me as wrong. But I dam not current.

It is never good to run a truck on credit or insufficient cash. *Knock on wood.

Chicago is not a nice place. My first assumption automatically would be that this is a internet based fishing scheme to get someone who knows nothing to send you money. I don't think that will fly here. If you got a spouse. Then call and talk to her and work this out together. Evidently you probably have a smart phone or a computer to communicate here.

Nothing personal. I quit giving money to anyone a long time ago in trucking. Smokes maybe but not money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.