i needed the dash layout for a fl112 to study for my pretrip inspection, also any pictures of the engine compartment, and outside of the truck. it has a single rear axle. they will not get me pictures or make and model. had to look at their facebook page to see it's a fl112. the "school" has provided ZERO materials, and next to no time with the truck, i was suppose to have 2 days behind the wheel, i got 45 min if even that .....
need dash layout asap for fl112
Google Freightliner FL112 dashboard. Some trucks have more gauges than others but they all have the basics.
Not sure if actual diagrams are available for the engine.
Sounds like this school should not be in business. Post the name so others may avoid it.
yes, this school should not be in business, but i don't want to tangle with them until i get my cdl. i have tried googling, and i can only find unclear photos of for sale dash components, and i can't find the user manual off freightliner because i don't have the vin
If the state you are testing in has moved to the new modernized version of the CDL testing procedures, you are stressing out over nothing by trying to memorize the entire dash. You just need to know the following:
1. Safe start
2. Observe and verbally state that the ABS light (and DEF indicator light if equipped) come on and go off at engine start.
3. Build air pressure to governor cutoff (know and verbally state cutoff pressure) The only gauges you need to know are primary and secondary air.
4. Properly preform the air brake test.
5. How to turn headlights on and check lighting indicators. (L & R turn signals, 4 ways, and H/L beams.)
6. Verify condition of Windshield and traffic monitoring devises (mirrors and cameras if equipped)
9. Emergency equipment
10. Wipers and washers
NO OTHER SWITCHES OR GAUGES need to be identified or checked for the in-cab portion of the test.
I would strongly suggest that you check out the latest version of the testing procedures. And remember, you can even use the checklist provided in the CDL manual.
- File size:
- 438.8 KB