need dash layout asap for fl112

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Amishmetalhead, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Amishmetalhead

Amishmetalhead Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2023
    i needed the dash layout for a fl112 to study for my pretrip inspection, also any pictures of the engine compartment, and outside of the truck. it has a single rear axle. they will not get me pictures or make and model. had to look at their facebook page to see it's a fl112. the "school" has provided ZERO materials, and next to no time with the truck, i was suppose to have 2 days behind the wheel, i got 45 min if even that .....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Google Freightliner FL112 dashboard. Some trucks have more gauges than others but they all have the basics.
    Not sure if actual diagrams are available for the engine.

Sounds like this school should not be in business. Post the name so others may avoid it.

4. Amishmetalhead

Amishmetalhead Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2023
    hi,
    yes, this school should not be in business, but i don't want to tangle with them until i get my cdl. i have tried googling, and i can only find unclear photos of for sale dash components, and i can't find the user manual off freightliner because i don't have the vin

5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    FL60 thru FL112 Freightliner business class series trucks all used the same dash layout and instrument cluster. The extra accessory switches would have been different depending on the spec.

6. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Here are some pics from the 2003 FL 60 user manual I have. The first pic is what my 1999 looks like. Ignore the right hand drive and mechanical engine comment on the bottom. The second pic is what our 2003 looked like.

7. PATruckie

PATruckie Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    If the state you are testing in has moved to the new modernized version of the CDL testing procedures, you are stressing out over nothing by trying to memorize the entire dash. You just need to know the following:
    1. Safe start
    2. Observe and verbally state that the ABS light (and DEF indicator light if equipped) come on and go off at engine start.
    3. Build air pressure to governor cutoff (know and verbally state cutoff pressure) The only gauges you need to know are primary and secondary air.
    4. Properly preform the air brake test.
    5. How to turn headlights on and check lighting indicators. (L & R turn signals, 4 ways, and H/L beams.)
    6. Verify condition of Windshield and traffic monitoring devises (mirrors and cameras if equipped)
    7. Heat/Defrost
    8. Horn(s)
    9. Emergency equipment
    10. Wipers and washers
    NO OTHER SWITCHES OR GAUGES need to be identified or checked for the in-cab portion of the test.
    I would strongly suggest that you check out the latest version of the testing procedures. And remember, you can even use the checklist provided in the CDL manual.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.