Need dot consultant? Dot advice

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by iamdot, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Scalemaster

Scalemaster Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    We do not determine severity or egregious... that is way above our pay grade.

All we inspectors determine is if you are or are not in compliance with the HOS limits. If you are over the 11 hour rule, we just not that and indicate how much over you were. Someone else down the line uses words like SEVERE and EGREGIOUS, not us.

Here at the scale, the outcome is the same whether you are 30 minutes or 5 hours over your 11 hour rule, it is the same violation, same OOS time, same citation and fine.

Meltom and Moving Forward Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JuniorK

JuniorK Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Scale Master,

Have you ever encountered drivers who use laptop for their logbooks? If so... (which i assume you have), do you generally ask them for their last 7 days, and if they do not have it... do you give them the option to print it out or do you automatically cite them for not having past 7 days printed out prior to inspection. Is this based on discretion of the officer?

4. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    What are the requirments for properly listing hazmat "consumer commodities" on a bol? Had a load where there was no further description of the items -- just a package count and total weight. They still listed an emergency contact # & had a shipper certification -- was that enough?

5. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    That depends on the amount if I remember right.

6. TFL

TFL Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Read the last paragraph

7. TFL

TFL Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2013
  8. Moving Forward

Moving Forward Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
  9. condocassanova

condocassanova Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2006
    I am back here just to let drivers know that my favorite time of year is next week. I plan to make enough bonus to get me a new walleye boat. Don’t let nobody tell you that the state dots don’t pay bonus.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.