need help before i make a switch

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by truckerchris, May 12, 2011.

1. roehl929

roehl929 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Cleveland, TN
    I am very happy here and I know a ton of drivers that are too. It seems the only ppl who aren't happy here are ppl who have never seen what a bad company is. We have a lot of guys that leave and come right back, I'm an oo leased to roehl but I was a company driver for a while and I'm here and make very good money. Yes they have training but they probably would just make u take a refresher course and have a mentor for 10 days otr

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    Hi, okay they e logs too thanks for info

4. roehl929

roehl929 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Cleveland, TN
    They are switching to e logs. I love mine its awesome

5. truckerchris

truckerchris Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2010
    tulsa, ok
    I guess I talk to the wrong guys, spend a weekend around the gary yard, and you will hear about 300 guys who hate it here. There has to be a reason that there yearly turn over rate is 80%

But this wasn't supposed to be a roehl smear campaign just wanting some views from maverick guys also

6. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    My son works for roehl. He does not have any problem getting his truck repaired. He has a 04 with 800,000, on it. For a older truck it is a nice shape. I will say maverick is a better company for a company driver. But roehl is not a bad company to work for.

7. shaker1025

shaker1025 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2011
    Western NY
    Just getting ready to head to Little Rock for orientation but would like to get some input from Mav's drivers as to their lanes/home time. Being that you are from KC this may or may not be a good question for ya but here goes. Do you find yourself going through southern or western NY at all, like I-86 or I-90? (possibly Buffalo)? I know they (glass) estimate about 12-14 out at a time, cool, but I don't want to get there and hear "well, we don't get much freight there..blah blah". Thanks for any info. :Property:

8. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I run regular flatbed so no I rarely ever get to NY. There are few loads that way but there are some. However since you are going glass your experience will be much different than mine. They run totally different lanes. I think with glass you stand a better chance of getting home like they have told you. Maverick WILL NOT hire you if they cant meet their hometime promise. They only hire where they have freight so its safe to say if they hired you that you should be able to get home just fine. Good example,when things really slowed down for awhile Maverick contracted their hiring area and those drivers who found themselves suddenly quite a bit outside of the hiring area were furloughed. Thats tough but Maverick wasnt able to get them home much due to lack of freight. Hopefully its a long time before we see that again.

9. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Agreed, you kinda want to avoid jumping companies so fast...most companies look at your MVR, check for accidents and the like...but also at your work history. If they see you jumping jobs, they're not going to want to put the time, effort, and money into training you to drive for them.

Now, I didn't read all the posts before I posted this, so sorry for double post if that's the case...but if you want to do flatbed, have you looked into Melton Trucking? They are based out of Tulsa if I'm not mistaken...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.