Need help dpa def and nox code with check engine light

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Gears2017, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Gears2017

Gears2017 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2017
    i need help I changed the def filter and screen. next day check engine light turned on and def light is blinking did I do something wrong???
    These are the codes
    (EEC 061 SPN004364 NOX CONV EFF 18)
    (EEC 061 SPN003364 DEF QUALITY 02)
    (EEC 061 SPN003610 DPF OUT PRES 1 02)
    Help please

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    It's great that you included the fault codes SPN/FMI, but people are going to be reluctant to really want to help you if you don't include your year, model, and powertrain configuration--we have no idea what your "truck" is.

So I'll have to ASSume...that it is a Cascadia...maybe a 2012 with a Detroit and one box.

4364/18--Aftertreatment 1 SCR Conversion Efficiency Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level
    3364/2--Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank 1 Quality Data Erratic, Intermittent Or Incorrect
    3610/2--Diesel Particulate Filter Outlet Pressure 1 Data Erratic, Intermittent Or Incorrect

I wonder if you have a quality sensor in the DEF header--which might be bad and you might have a one off due to that possible vintage of vehicle. The 14 pin connector that leads to the ATS needs to be inspected for corrosion as this is very typical. Also I would check the DEF doser and the supply lines as well for possible blockage as well as your air lines supplying the doser as well. Then next, you need to check the wiring for the ATS pressure sensors (again..that 14 pin connector).

upload_2017-10-9_9-0-25.png

If this seems a little over your head--I would take it in to a certified FTL dealer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.