Need help from Landstar Owner Operator

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by agr78, Nov 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I like LS. But 6 months ago you could kill it. Now it's not so good. It's the wild west. The load board is all over the place, meaning the broker can be good or real bad. But freight volume is down. Credit cards are being used for groceries more and more. If you have a decent company job just stay there. Imo we haven't bottomed out yet. Once we bottom plus maybe 3 months then it would be a better time.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sentry

sentry Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016
    "I've pulled 2 loads in the last two months" for landstar. Exactly. You proved my point. Think about; If landstar is so good, TODAY, not years ago, why would anyone only pull "2 loads in the last two months?" I don't confuse "the good old days" with this past year. Totally different company. Look at the reviews right here on The Truckers Report; 2 stars out of 5.

4. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I’m thinking you’re not comprehending what’s he’s saying…

5. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    You know there is a huge spot market that LS doesn't control. FedEx has laid off drivers before peak season. That has never happen. Always after peak season. Trucking is a boom bust industry. Unless your union in UPS for 5 years and have enough seniority not to get hours cut back. We are in a down turn. LS doesn't force you to take low paying freight and for the most part you can sit. You have to save your cash, since down turns always happen. LS never cheats me out of anything they are honest and transparent. I have leased on to others that have gotten shady.

What section of trucking isn't having it's rates cut. Then I wonder about after the Christmas rush, what then? Ocean container rates into LA San Diego are at a 5 year low. They were pushing 20k now it's under 2k. So that part of the market is collapsing.

6. F4T6UY

F4T6UY Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    My simple, honest response to this Landstar topic…If you think Landstar is bad, I have no vested interest in convincing you otherwise. It’s only the pride of that star on my door, and my happiness here that drives me to want to help people see what it can be.

But in the end, why would I want to convince someone to come here?

It’s like when I told my cousin all his tells when we would play poker. I wanted to help him get better, but basically I just gave away an easy hundred dollar bill next time we opened up a deck of cards.

Landstar is a little different than other companies you can lease on to. And I think it’s easier to fail here for some. And those voices are loud and emote their displeasure well. I should learn to shutup and echo their sentiments…

But, the industry is feeling the pinch. Everywhere. Landstar’s not immune.

Siinman and 77fib77 Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think you should go back and sift through my posts for the last 6 years and tell me where I have encouraged a single person to come to Landstarve.

Siinman and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Personally I don't want anyone to come, unless it's in one of my trucks.

I don't need or want the competition.

9. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    @Kenworth6969 why don’t you shut the hell up. You tell @OscarGoldman to be positive and quit trolling. Maybe you should head your own advice.

You sound like a spoiled child who can’t hack it and so everyone else must be starving too. I can tell by your post that you are no businessman and would be better off working for maverick.

I have no experience being leased to LS, but if you can’t cut it there you will never make it with your own authority.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  10. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    This could be a lifeline for poor starving Arizona Dave, hope he takes note of it.

F4T6UY Thanks this.
  11. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    That guy went low with relentless with personal attacks and name calling.
    You going as far as calling me a child and to shut up isn't any better.

When others mention things are bad, rates in the toilet they get a pass but when I do it's not being positive and I'm trolling.
    I was simply discussing here what had been already brought up by others.
    Still awaiting an answer as to why it's worth giving up a large percentage to Landstar if rates are currently the toilet there too.
    Enchanging ideas and gaining insight can be helpful to all, if you don't agree with something there's no need to resort to name calling.
    In difficult times more than ever as a community we should be empowering and helpful to others.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.