Need help from Landstar Owner Operator

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by agr78, Nov 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    What’s the percentage you give up to brokers? Add to that the percentage you give up to your carrier. I bet you are giving up a larger portion than they are.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    As far as others getting a pass… we’ll maybe if every post you made wasn’t about how horrible things are you might get one too.

4. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    You just you have no experience with Landstar.
    Regardless you should know nobody truly knows all the money Landstar agents make on all the loads nor the brokers I book with.

5. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    That's not every post I make.
    More than most sure, who knows maybe someone will take away from from that.
    There always seem to be a never ending supply of people wanting to be an owner operator thinking there's always tons of money out there.

6. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    Oh I have 20 years experience with landstar. Just not as a BCO. You rail on their percentage but you are leased to a carrier who runs nothing but spot market freight. I don’t know why you’d lease on somewhere who has zero to offer you. Especially since you are the one booking loads as well. They aren’t even a dispatch service. I bet you are giving up 45% by the time it’s said and done.

7. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    You're really determined to turn this around on me and my one truck operation when this thread is about Landstar lol.

Anyone out here will tell you percentage only matters as a percentage of what amount.
    If you're giving up 25-35% of what you book it you better be given a lot in the first place.
    I would gladly give up a larger percentage if i.was with say a carrier that has their own direct contract customers with locked in high dollar freight.
    There's a big difference between that and Landstar when you got agents there who also want to make money off of you before the large percentage comes off.

As for me I'm currently leased to a carrier that keeps 10% of whatever I book. I find value in the percentage I give up vs getting my own authority.
    In the past I've leased onto carriers that dispatched and had their own customers but that didn't work out for me. Unfortunately many out there will try to steal money from drivers if they can.

8. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    I’m not interested in turning anything around on you. It just makes you look foolish to argue about LS with a LS driver when you aren’t one or have ever been one.

9. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020

I've brought up what others whom worked for Landstar have already said and asked a question about it.
    Please explain specifically what I've said that's foolish.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    When people are happy and doing well you will discount what they say and choose to listen to those who dislike LS and you won’t believe that anyone can do well there.

Any company large or small will have those that are happy and those that aren’t. I drove flatbed for my old boss for 10 years and was happy, and there were a couple guys with 15 or so years at the time, and two guys who were there nearly 30 years. And there were people who’d work there a month and say it’s the worst company ever. Not everyone will be happy.

11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    This train wreck has come to the end.

dosgatos, InTooDeep, F4T6UY and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.