Need help getting my cdl back Asking for a friend

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Gmradeere, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Gmradeere

Gmradeere Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2019
    My friend had a passing out incident wily his truck ,turning truck on side,no alcohol or drugs,but found to have high blood pressure,now in prescription meds,went to court got his drivers license taken away for one year due to some 3 other citations,like hitting a guard rail to miss a deer,getting stuck ion a muddy road couldn’t get it out, and he went for his medical card did all their tests and they said he has to wait .6 months from the accident is that true??Any how he now has a renewal under suspension from thus judge/magistrate,but his medical card ran out,can he take the physical here on the 6 month date with a suspended license,he has partial driving privileges back,he has a legal conceal carry license to offer for a photo I’d or does it need to be a full driving license,does he need to disclose the fainting incident now if it has been 6 months?We were thinking if he could get the medical card and then go back to court the judge would issue back his full driving privileges so he could get his cdl reinstated!Any insight on any of this greatly appreciated.My friend is a new driver under 2 years and doesn’t know a lot of the rules,thanks in advance

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    When he tipped the trk over there was a accident report? What was the cause of accident on report? That information will follow him. If stated cause as passing out, i think this will be a issue for cdl renewal. I have always shown my CDL when getting a physcial. I have a Pa cdl but get my physcial in Ohio, as i live close to the state line. Hope your friend can get their health issues straightened out and get on with it. A friend of mine got dizzy while trucking down the road. He pulled over ,stopped, and called a ambulance. His company had to get the trk moved. Think he was off work a year or more before he was reinstated.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Does he need to disclose the fainting incident?

Does he need to be driving?

Lepton1, stillwurkin and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Laying a truck down is preventable, should only result in economic losses when companies refuse to hire him for a while.

Hitting a deer is better than wrecking a rig. You may take some damage but the load is protected. Thats one of the top rules taught in school.

Getting stuck somewhere for a tow usually is a preventable, again economic losses from not being hireable for a while.

Three of these together will result in sitting at home for 4 years most likely or even 5 until employers cool it on the preventables.

The high blood pressure must be 140/90 or better. Still not enough to court suspend a license. Nothing up to here makes a court want to suspend. This is a medical card problem. If you do not have a medical card thats valid, you go to the DMV and swear out a Tier Two which allows you to protect possession of your CDL without suspension by the state or any of that bs. But you could not drive on it for wages in Interstate or intrastate commerce. Until again you get a medical card thats valid.

Since the judge or state suspended it then there isnt anything you can do, and you also Branded a suspension against the CDL for future employers to demand a explaination, you say he fainted and rolled a truck, they suspended him medically which led to CDL being suspended. At that point if you cannot prove the doctors fixed the cause of his fainting in a tilttable or similar then your person is not going to be hired anywhere for trucking. No way.

That goes back to blood pressure, fix that then you get a card. If you are unable to fix it then you are in a fight for your life. 3 days ago I carried a 180/130 at a heart rate of 160 and it scared the staff, I told them calm and peace Ive a appt with the cardiac surgeon with a option to show up at the ER and have them fix the issue. all of that will be fixed. Or I show up dead any day. Which is all taken care of.

The physical again you can take any time you have the money and the time to get a doc to look you over.

Fainting is a really serious threat to trucking. Particularly if combined with laying it down or killing people. The doctors must find the source of the fainting, there is a tilt table process with IV stressor chemicals that will find it in less than 3 hours if not in 20 minutes when he FAINTS on that table. Then they will know the source of that fainting and fix it if possible. If not? he will be barred from driving and any Public related safety jobs such as truck driving which is a Federally regulated work.

The Concealed carry is a legal document for identification purposes. One store demanded two iDs from me and smirked saying that because no one has it. I pulled out CDL, then I pulled out the CHL (Armed too that day.) the smirks went away. There is your two legal picture ID's issued by the state. Any problems with those? I completed the purchase there.

Again fainting. Your person fainted in a big rig and rolled it. Its very serious. Back to the hospital with a tilt table he goes. They again as stated before will find the fainting when he does faint on it. And then fix it.

When all of that is documented, you take that to the judge with the doctors as a witness expert to testfiy they found and fixed the fainting pernamently medically and there is no more reason to bar him from DOT Medical for trucking.

Keep in mind that the Judge has a service to me, you, your family friends and strangers on the highway, Mr Fainter will not be allowed to possess a CDL until a doctor processes him with the appropriate tests and fixes the problem by surgery or something else.

Your friend is effectively in a black hole. He will not get clear and roll until the doctors finish with him with formal tests and repairs if possible.

If it goes very badly and they find something truly horrifying inside of him he may very well be barred from driving period. That leads towards Social Security disability processing. (Takes a year to apply when denied three times then administrated judge hearing to challenge denial) If you win you get back pay dating to the day you first applied. Disability is a horrible existence but it means youre not able to be a part of the workforce permanently OR better yet until you fix the issues again leading to no reason to be disabled. Back to work you go.

Let's play pretend for a minute.

You documented here under your account publicly to all concerned in the future that your so and so does faint. Relatively recently and wrecked a big rig when he did.

You go and sneak a clear DOT medical card from Dr Dummy and you faint again laying down a rig and killing say 7 children. It will be revealed that you laid down a truck to fainting and yes you been through a judge preventing you from driving again until fainting is fixed or not. Your friend will be remanded to custody for sentencing of the murdering the 7 then left wide open to Civil suits that will bury him.

Its not worth it in today's easily discovered recent or distant past facts found to be a contest to where your friend cannot get a DOT medical right now.

That means the system is working as it should to protect the children and public driving around the highways with the big trucks.

Your position on writing should be talking about how can I get a doctor to heal this man?

NOT working around a system that is actively intercepting and preventing your friend from driving right now.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well he should NOT get his cdl back and hopefully he won't get his driver license back until the underlying cause is figured out and treated, I call bs on high blood pressure as the cause.

7. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Your friend doesn't seem to be a very good driver.
    Why did he hit a guard rail to miss a deer? Any proof there was a deer?
    What ticket did he get for a truck stuck in a muddy road? Was it a muddy road or a muddy ditch? Or a road his vehicle was restricted from?
    That is 2 citations, you didn't mention the 3rd, in addition to putting a truck on it's side.

I think the judge has it right.
    Your friend has a lot of wrong activity in less than 2 years driving.
    Your friend should not be driving anything. At the very least a CMV.
    I would advise my friend not to drive commercially.

Does my driving record affect my eligibility for a medical certificate?

Driver Medical Fitness for Duty

All your answers are in the links above.
    It seems he can get his medical card without a valid CDL.

Just passing by and stillwurkin Thank this.
  8. Gmradeere

Gmradeere Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2019

9. Gmradeere

Gmradeere Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2019

10. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    If I say I’m asking for a friend does it make the truth hurt any less? JW

buddyd157, x1Heavy and stillwurkin Thank this.
  11. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I dont believe your friends CCW will count as a form of ID. He will probably also have to get some sort of waiver from a doctor, beyond a normal physical, that says he is in no danger of randomly fainting again and his medical problems are well controlled. Good luck

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.