Need help to pass the CDL Permit Test

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by wayne49ers, Mar 7, 2020.

1. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Perhaps you retain information better if you HEAR it rather than reading it.
    There are lots of people like that.
    We all learn differently.
    There might possibly be an audible version of the CDL manual/test booklet available.

You would think that there might certainly be one because of the ADA.

Investigate. Then you can listen and learn.

JReding Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I just had my $million idea !

CDL CLIFF NOTES !

I'm gonna be rich !

JReding Thanks this.
  4. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    There are you tube videos that you can listen to.

tscottme and JReding Thank this.
  5. wayne49ers

wayne49ers Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Arlington,Washington
    Thank you jammer910Z I will look into it

6. wayne49ers

wayne49ers Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Arlington,Washington
    Thank you HoneyBader67 I will look into it

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  7. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Are you good at rote memorization? I found that the questions on the DMV Genie app were basically identical to the questions on the actual test (Florida). I sometimes memorized answers to questions without understanding why it was correct. With enough repetition, you might be able to nail enough questions to pass.

Good luck.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    If you are an aural learner, and you really learn something, can you read a question about what you have learned and answer correctly?

I only ask because unless your state has an audio version of the written test, you’ll still have the challenge of reading and comprehending what a question is asking.

9. Mrwillyv

Mrwillyv Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2020
    I just passed the Missouri CDL permit test 3 weeks ago. I used some testing apps on my phone and passed with no problem. When testing if you not sure about the answer then skip the question. If you get toward the end of the test and only have skipped questions then try answering the ones you are pretty sure of the answer first. After you complete one of the tests go out to your car and study the next section you want to test on. I saw this on a YouTube video and it really helped me. Here in Missouri you can take each test twice a day. If you fail twice then come back the next day and try twice again if needed. The questions on the test were more straight forward then the ones on the testing app. It's only A,B or C. No all of the above or none of the above questions. If you need help then let me know. It's a learning experience needing to know these new terms and etc but it's very doable.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.