Need help w 3406e mileage

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by R.I.P_Lil_Jon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. R.I.P_Lil_Jon

R.I.P_Lil_Jon Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2007
    I never even thought of that. Wonder who I should take it too...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    I am sure plenty of guys around Indy could do it. What is current HP/torque and SN?

R.I.P_Lil_Jon Thanks this.
  4. R.I.P_Lil_Jon

Feb 17, 2007
    I believe its 435 and 1250 will have to get SN when I get back today. Tranny shop broke the hood cables so I can't open the hood on the road without a barrel or something to rest the hood on.... tranny shop refuses to pay for it because of the trucks age even though there mechanic threw it open and snapped the cables, cracked the hood, and scratched the hell out of the paint. New hood being painted in may.... until then I gotta have a barrel to hold the hood.

5. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    That'll go over well at the scales ;) don't waste your money on any hard parts until you get the ecm checked/reflashed. Your rpm isn't that high. Torque rating should be 1650 anyways. Those early e- models could be a pita to get a good blend of power/mileage but there's sometging wrong if it noticeable peters out over 1600. Good luck on it.

6. R.I.P_Lil_Jon

Feb 17, 2007
    Thanks for the advice. Going to stop by the diesel doctor in effingham tomorrow and see what we can find out

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Honestly I wouldn't waste money changing the rear axle ratio unless the diffs have high mileage on them or are on their way out. What you'd possibly gain in economy would likely take a couple years to break even.

8. R.I.P_Lil_Jon

Feb 17, 2007
    I was coming around to that idea also. I want thinking it was going to be as expensive of a project as it seems it will be. Plus, I may eventually put this truck to work again in fields or gravel pits so I think it makes since just to leave the axles alone

9. R.I.P_Lil_Jon

Feb 17, 2007
    Stopped by the diesel doctor in effingham today and found out It already had the 550hp 1892torque tube but wasn't running worth crap beca8se of the low Nox emissions file in the new ecm. It runs like a top now, little smoke of I give it too right pedal but 10x what it was before

10. R.I.P_Lil_Jon

Feb 17, 2007

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.