Need help with a weird lighting issue

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Antonovich, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Antonovich

Antonovich Light Load Member

May 11, 2019
    Yes, I flipped them around, cleaned the connector socket, makes no difference - they work but my dash signal gets stuck on, so in turn I'm guessing the trailer lights would also get stuck on.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Do they work if you put both the LED and the bulb?

4. Antonovich

Antonovich Light Load Member

May 11, 2019
    Tried it. The lights both flash as normal but the LED side gets the stuck dash indicator.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  5. nerd_sniped

nerd_sniped Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2020
    Did you try LEDs in front and regular lamps in the rear?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this still sounds like a low current / flasher issue. The fact that having the LED lamp and having a missing bulb up front produces the same behavior indicates this.

Here is a super common work around for this problem: https://www.amazon.com/Yorkim-Resistors-Festoon-Message-Cancellor/dp/B07KS6KMYG

The kit is a four pack...but...it sounds like you may only need a pair for your front lamps. Doing this would negate the efficiency improvement of LED on your system (the load resistors work because they draw as much current as an incandescent)...but shouldn't affect the life of the LED bulb. The other thing to think about is sealing. A cut splice like this is a new potential failure point for your harness. However you seal it...seal it like you mean it. LOL

Antonovich Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.