Need Help!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cncking2000, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Wow! This is one of the most colorful stories I've read in a while for sure! Just out of curiousity do the officer who inspected the truck run any of the VINs of the cars loaded on said truck? I mean, would it really surprise anyone to learn at this point in a story this shady that a car hauler moving all the way from the west coast to NYC that has this many issues might also be carrying cargo that isn't exactly above board???

I agree w/ what everyone else has said here, RUN don't walk away from this situation!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cncking2000

cncking2000 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Who? Me?

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    lol

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. cncking2000

Dec 5, 2018
    No, they did not check the vehicles, the guy has literally the minimum required paperwork to be able to sign up for Central Dispatch.

I could post endless screenshots from my cellphone of various attempts at coercion.

Including him telling me that if I deliver the load I have right now I can keep all the money from it.

dwells40 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. cncking2000

Dec 5, 2018
    I am pretty sure I posted a picture of the violations mentioned.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    you did

8. cncking2000

Dec 5, 2018
    Well forgive me for not understanding who's chain is being pulled by whom.

My boss is trying to pull mine, but at this point he isn't my boss anymore.

x1Heavy, truckdriver31 and dwells40 Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Really? yes.

That truck is the very last thing you want to be around or in. The company that you are supposidely with is the laster placer you wanna be arounder. (Sorry Baltimore...)

GO Home. Write this off. And be free as a bird. And happy. That Lawman did you a big favor.

No company will tell ME to go around scales today that would be the last day I would be working there for cause. I document everything with who said that and date and time etc. The state would be very interested in this. I have won against companies before based on things that they have tried to do against me and that would be the end of that. (After 10 years that is indeed the end of that... when all of that is chopped off your record.)

truckdriver31 and cncking2000 Thank this.
  10. cncking2000

Dec 5, 2018
    I ask because I dont want to be in trouble if the truck is hit where it is parked, not because I want to, or intend to keep driving. I've left the truck at the scale, and got to the TA a few miles down the road under my own power. It really sucks to be living out of a bag at a TA for the next 13.5 hours, but I've done worse I guess.

Thanks x1Heavy.

D.Tibbitt, truckdriver31 and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Its not Hunt for the Red October stuff. It's a fly-by-night trucking swindle.
    If you keep getting in trouble driving crap equipment it will become hard to hire you.

My guess is future employers that run legitimate companies will probably understand for the most part. You are new to the business and you jumped on the wrong boat initially. But you are learning and sticking with it.

I would jump that sinking ship and apply elsewhere.

You do gotta check your tags and make sure they are current on preventative maintenance and such before you leave. Grab your permit book and make sure the dates are current before leaving.

My company will notify me just in case before a PM or 120 on trailer is due just to be certain I catch it before leaving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.