Need info about tow aways

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by philv, Mar 14, 2017.

1. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Go back and re-read my reply to your post, I corrected myself. You made a great catch, something I missed a hundred times. Thank you for pointing it out with referenced links.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RVTransporter

RVTransporter Light Load Member

May 26, 2012
    Goshen, Indiana
    The transport companies have examined this thing six ways from Sunday. I'd be just as confused as everybody else if I wasn't in the RV transport business.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  4. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    I have a good understanding of the ELD mandate as it pertains to the general OTR segment, oil field, and most specialized vocational applications but to be honest I really never worked with any clients in the RV segment of driveaway. I have spent most of the last two months interviewing software and hardware providers, and most of them are just as confused about the mandate and the exact specifications and applications. I finally found an excellent provider that we can start marketing in April, excellent and easy truck interface as well as back office and affordable (well if there is such a thing).

I'm really glad you took the time to post here, although my magazine article doesn't address RV driveaway/towaway my seminars in Vegas, Dallas, and Baltimore will and I would have misrepresented the RV transport rules. You just saved my errors and omissions insurance some money. Thanks again.

Ryan S2016 and RVTransporter Thank this.
  5. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I guess I was too quick to allow myself to be corrected. Apologies accepted.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  6. brian991219

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Yeah I missed apologizing to you. I have read these rules hundreds of times, never really caught the part about RV trailers, sure glad I hadn't done my first public presentation yet! That doesn't come until May 12th.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    That's good that you were able to get the correct info. This shows how hard it is to be informed about FMCSA regulations. One has, what he or she thinks is the current publication, and it turns out there is a change in definition, and all goes out the window.

brian991219 and Lite bug Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.