Need info on container work.

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Tim_1326, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Tim_1326

Tim_1326 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2015
    What kind of. Fuel Discount u getting at the pump?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drlmi

drlmi Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Yeah, that's about right. Each terminal has their own rate sheet. They give you a comdata card. You can see the price you pay at each TS on the fleet advance app. I paid 2.20 a gallon yesterday. 2.65 was the posted price. Ta Petro loves speedway are usually the best discounts.

Tim_1326 Thanks this.
  4. Tim_1326

Sep 29, 2015
    Thanks a lot

5. Tim_1326

Sep 29, 2015
    Realistic number how much u can make in a week after fuel? 18-2000 possible?

6. drlmi

drlmi Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Ypsilanti, MI
    I wouldn't count on it every week, lots of variables. For instance, you might fuel an extra time every third or fourth week. It might get slow all of a sudden and there is only one run for you that day. You might, I mean you will end up in the shop from time to time. Anything like that messes up your good week you had going.

Here they take deductions for bobtail/phys damage, then oac ins. the first two weeks of the month, leaving smaller deductions out of third and fourth week. There is a $50 week to escrow until you reach $1000. If you get their plate I think they break it out over 6 months or something like that. Stuff like that can make it seem harsh in the beginning.

All in all its a good gig. You make money and get to go home each night.

Bfr38 and Tim_1326 Thank this.
  7. OrinT

OrinT Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Frederick, MD
    I've been looking into container companies and found your thread. I'm doiing my research on companies but I'm still a little ways out from buying a truck. I can't really seem to find a concrete answer. does CPG provide numbers? or do I need my own numbers to drive for them?

8. philjo

philjo Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Indiana
    They will be able to provide everything you need as long as you have a truck with paid 2290.

OrinT and 7seriestv Thank this.
  9. Bfr38

Bfr38 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Thank God your truck is paid off. I know we have talked before, but I wouldn't haul containers. Honestly I hope to God I never have to haul another one in my life. Hopefully the rail yards in Columbus is more organized. I have got my sheet before and looked for a trailer for a hour, or longer to find out it was still in the air. A lot of times it would take me 45 min to a hour to find my container. So there's a hour, then you wait in line for around 15 min to go back in to get your container logged out. I would drive to Lima, OH a lot. Take close to two hours. There's 3 hours and I haven't made a dime yet. Wait two hours for them to live load it. Now we're at 5 hours no detention pay. They make you unhook from your truck and use the jack. So you drive back over there, hook back up, etc... Going to take around 30 min to get back out of the place doing the paper work, etc.. Now you have around a 2 hour drive back. Now your at 7 hours and finally made 300 bucks. Now including fuel, wear and tear, etc.. By the time you get out you take your half in hour break if you do it lol. So now ur stuck running something ####ty to get your 2 loads in for the day. I would also see where the Economy goes with the new president. Here is what you get paid being a company driver for MMT out of Columbus, OH.

Attached Files:

Deecutta, RERM and 7seriestv Thank this.
  10. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016

11. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    that attachment you posted,

makes me thankful for my job.

god bless.

RERM and Bfr38 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.