Need input from current KLLM drivers

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Big Al C, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Big Al C

Big Al C Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    I've not had a good week this week. Nothing but short trips, swap outs with low mileage. And now it's Friday, I only have about 1400 miles so far (am company driver, trip time goes in Monday night) and they are giving me a pretrip of about 400 miles that delivers on MONDAY.

Things got kinda' bad for a couple weeks after that last letter, but then they got better.

This is what I want feed back on....from CURRENT KLLM DRIVERS....is this happening to everyone, or is this just a company driver thing. I AM considering leasing after talking to some lease drivers that seem to be doing fairly well. BUT, again, I would REALLY be pissed at having all the expenses AND getting crap miles !!!

So ...speak up....tell me if you're lease or company driver and tell me how you've been doing lately.

Everett Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Al C

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    Oh well, I tried.

Everett Thanks this.
  4. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Boondocks, MS? That describes a lot of our state. Whur bouts zackly?

5. sookie

sookie Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I always ask the lease people how it's working out ! The same from everyone .... It's great ! I think it's too soon to be great for everyone ! I am curious to see how it all really shakes out !! I understand your frustration withthe miless ! We are team drivers and our miles are low ! Being a lease operator is not for us ! We will be changing companies soon !

6. Big Al C

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    I think you're right in the "way too soon" thing. Maybe it will work out ok or maybe a lot of folks will wind up right back in the same boat with not enough miles PLUS a truck note and all that goes along with it.

Guess I got a lot to think about (like I haven't been, lol) as I watch the "going ons 'round here".

I've only been driving since this past November. I went through a lot after driving school, actually, to get on with KLLM because they looked like one of the only "training" companies that actually paid a decent wage and treated their drivers decently. My first 3-4 months here were quite good and I still hope it turns back around for company drivers.

7. sookie

sookie Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Yes ... I hope it turns around too ! I specifically picked them for same reasons! My husband had a year with them and I have 6 mos ... So we need more time out before moving on ! My advice would be don't do the lease because I think eventually you will not have the miles ! It's a tough decision I know ! Good luck on whatever you decide........ Keep me posted !

8. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Dont ever do a lease on a Company truck...... If you want to be an o/o then buy your own.....That way you own the truck and you are your boss..... Company will run their trucks because they need to put miles on them, o/o will get miles.....Lease trucks the company will run you enough to get the trk payment from you and leave you out to dry.

Do your research on lease ops before you sign the line..... Look into getting your own first

9. gajeep

gajeep Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I think there was a slow down that lasted about a week or two. I think with all the schools nationwide finishing up, mothers day ect. . most companies that had a large workforce of parents slowed down. As a member of a company team with kllm, i noticed a slowdown, for the first time we had 12-24 hrs with no where to go, fortunatly we were # lathrop, so we had a load soon. I do not think kllm is singleing you out, nor do i think it was kllms fault. after discussing with a buddy at werner, he experianced the same thing around the same time, just a market issue.

10. gajeep

gajeep Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    BTW, after some reasurch, kllm 1 dollar buy out lease is one of the best ive looked at, but im not ready for that move yet, im still learning how to handle qualcomm issues and dispatchers not giving enough time to let hours become available with out restarts and still making delivery times.

11. gajeep

gajeep Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    i no spell good either

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.