Need input from current KLLM drivers

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Big Al C, Apr 23, 2010.

1. sarge11026

sarge11026 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    did u lease big al

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sarge11026

sarge11026 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2010
    is the miles getting better

4. Aiken

Aiken Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Aiken, SC
    They just increase driver's pay.
    I am just started with a trainer, it is my 3rd day. Orientation was not so bad, nobody fell asleep. Hotel is good and clean. My trainer has 10 years experience. I like the company so far. Trucks and trailers are in great condition.

5. Big Al C

Big Al C Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    They did not increase all drivers pay as far as I know. Just some regions and some "short haul" pay for L/P drivers. Unless they made other changes while I've been on home time past days.

6. Aiken

Aiken Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Aiken, SC
    Yea on, you right not all drivers, only the ones that on %

7. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land

Oh the joy of the California loads. They sent me out there several times, only to keep me there for 2 weeks hauling loads with 3 and 4 stops to Northern Cali, then back to L.A. Picture yourself backing into some little dump of a catering company who only deals with sprinter vans and Class B delivery trucks, and trying to get them to hurry up and get their crap off of the truck so you can go to your next stop. But it's employee appreciation day, and everyone is in the warehouse enjoying the free pizza for lunch, for 3 hours. Meanwhile my dispatcher is calling me asking me where the hell I am, because stop number 3, the other catering company, has a wedding to do and needs the frosting mix. Then the original shipper forgot to put 2 pallets on the trailer, so now they want me to come back to L.A. so they can put them on there. So after lots of screaming cussing and throwing and breaking things, I finally agree to go all the way back into L.A. But they claim when I get there, that someone at KLLM forgot to mention the second order, so it didn't get put on the truck. WTF? This went on for 3 days with one run of 150 miles. So what do they do when I'm finished. Tell me what a great job I did under pressure, that log audit needs to see me about the hours I spent on this run, and gave me another one just like it. I was a company driver, but told them, "not no, but #### NO". They asked are you refusing? I told them hell yeah I'm refusing, didn't you hear what I said. So 5 minutes later, the qualcomm goes off, giving me a Fresh Express load in King City going to Chicago. Ahhhhh, I-80 over the Donner and through Wyoming and the Bonneville Salt Flats. My favorite run. I love it.

8. chickinqueen

chickinqueen Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2005
    louisiana
    Miles are getting lower every week but I dont want to pay for a job

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.