Need Opinions on this driver (video).

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Infamous El Guapo, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Yep! Pull off the exit ramp and go hide in a gas station parking lot till the rain passes....

There is a difference between being a hazard and being careful. Most are just a hazard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    It doesn't matter if it's a cop, 4 wheeler, construction crew or a lawn mower people GOTTA stop just jumping over into the hammer lane without looking. If you can merge great if not slow down.

Kokot, LandShark and Les2 Thank this.
  4. SheriffJohn

SheriffJohn Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Murrieta, CA
    Ya! the driver in the hammer lane was driving like a douche bag! he's the type who would run his cake hole at a truck stop to the driver who moved over on him, then subsequently get his ### kicked...his driving was unsafe not only to him but others too. the proof is in the in film...

johnday Thanks this.
  5. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    Guess he shoulda thanked that driver that came over on him? Maybe bought him a cup of joe at the next stop? What would you suggest? Polite banter? "Pardon me kind sir. I couldn't help but notice you nearly killed us both. If there's anything I can do to help I'd be happy to discuss it over ham and eggs at the J. It's on me. Whaddya say?"

Uhhh No. Guys that respond to acts of stupidity with patience and kindness probably make up less than one half of 1%. The rest react much like the guy on the video and likely worse. C'mon guy, be real.

SheriffJohn and Kokot Thank this.
  6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    My focus was on the big picture. Seems some of us are hung up on a half-a-second segment of a 2.5-minute-long video.

johnday Thanks this.
  7. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    well that's the only portion of the video that stood out.. the rest of the video was just traffic in rain.. it's not like he was jumping lanes and flying by people.. he didn't really pass anyone fast.. and i should know, cause i spend 3/4 of my day getting passed. if you can honestly say that guy was hauling cheeks, then you gotta say that car he passed and that SUV that was in front of him were hauling cheeks.. and i'm sure there would have been more if the video was longer.

zebcohobo Thanks this.
  8. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    I think I watched the wrong video.....:biggrin_2559:

9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    First off, after having reviewed it, you guys are right. This isn't a trucker. We are looking out from inside a car. The Celadon driver was wrong for going over the zipper line,

But. This guy was going at least 65mph, judging by the lines on the road. And I don't know what driver's ed class teaches that flashing your brights at another driver to get them to move out of your way is defensive driving, but in most states, it can earn you an aggressive driving ticket. The whole attitude of this guy was "Get out of my way, I'm more important than you."

But that must be what makes a good driver.

Uh...okay.

AfterShock and johnday Thank this.
  10. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Its better than the bump and run....:biggrin_2559:

11. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    now thats funny
    I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE..

Didn't Richard Petty try that on I-85 in NC a few years ago..
    got in a heap of poo poo for that one..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.