Need some reassuring

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Samcraig, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Samcraig

Samcraig Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2016
    I think the Chicago terminal but not sure. The orientation is in Columbus Ohio which is where I'm located

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    Yea you will run out of Chicago. Give it a few months to learn rail yards. As well as Jb hunts system. You will be on the east board so you will get a lot of Cincinnati to Chicago...Chicago to Lexington ky Louisville area back to Chicago. Mostly drop and hooks. You will see Owensboro ky and Evansville Indiana a lot .... Columbus.. Won't go past Columbus much.. Southern half of Michigan... All of Indiana north half of Illinois and Milwaukee to Green Bay Once and great while. If west board gets backed up you may deadhead out to Cedar Rapids and come back with a loaded box. All loaded boxes Come of rail in Chicago. Go delv. Then you pick up and take load back to rail. Chicago rush hour gets gay but you will learn side streets to the next rail yard etc. get maps to every rail yard to learn them. Terminal in Chicago so ever run out of hours your safe. It's right on rail property

4. Samcraig

Samcraig Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Can I keep my day schedule?

5. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Yep. They have a thing called eta (estimated time available) they will send your next load based off your eta. I already ran 5am-7pm. Every day. For 2 years.

RookieJ1987 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  6. Jazzy J

Jazzy J Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    georgia
    Just tell Prime you are putting in 2 week notice and will be working for another company that will get you home on weekends. Let them know you would like to return if it doesn't work out at other job. Companies understand drivers want to be home. Leave with a 2 week notice and good driving record and let the people who do the hiring know you like your job at Prime. So they will rehire you.

rachi Thanks this.
  7. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    One thing I can tell you is I haven't seen them do bait and switch. If they tell you regional, than you'll get it. Why not go local?

8. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    There was never even a choice at my orientation for me so not sayin it doesn't happen but I wonder how it even comes about for those that it's happened too other then trying to get into one of the really busy accounts. I went regional cuz in my area local is about 1g a week. That's just about what I was making at my previous job except it was a small company so expensive beni's and no 401

9. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    They hired me for a dcs account and didn't switch me

10. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    GOOD TO HEAR! Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.