Need tips/tricks on passing blood pressure test

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Ralph4159, Oct 20, 2013.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    My dr. said that most people read lower bp by a couple points on their right right arm. Might help if you only need to drop a couple points.

- Steven

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    You shouldnt be....

4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The doctor giving you the DOT physical can only go by what information you enter on the long form. The Pee test will not detect any BP meds. If you don't say anything about your meds, you will get a 2 year card. Been on BP meds for 15 years and i still get a 2 year card. The government doesn't need to know everything in my life. I take my meds like i'm supposed to so i have normal BP.
    I do list my Trygliceride meds and chlorestrol meds, so the doctor can get that warm fuzzy feeling that i am seeing a personal physician.:biggrin_25523:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    ritchie lee and EZ Money Thank this.
  5. jbourque

jbourque Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    south english iowa
    if you are close ask them if you can lay down for 1/2 hr and recheck.

6. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Take a chainsaw and cut off your leg. Once you bleed out a little your blood pressure should be just fine.:yes2557:

What??? He wanted an easy way to cheat... How much easier can it get?:biggrin_25517:

7. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I never talk or interact with anyone I don't need to. Nurse asks me to "fill" this out. Hand her my ID & Med card. Your getting paid, You fill it out. My Che is in line, I don't need to make any moves to interrupt my aurora. You know, I have never seen brown eyes that pretty before. I'm sorry for sayin'. I saw a painting once in a library, her eyes look like yours. Old Nurse said, I saw a young man handsome as you once, he drove a septic truck. I married him. Fill out the form.

John Dewart, Frenzy, EZ Money and 2 others Thank this.
  8. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

I get a checkup every 6 months......been on the same BP meds for 15 years.....
    I check my own pressure at Walgreens every time i go in the store......never been high.
    So why mention it to the Doc? I am in a lot better shape than half the drivers out there with high BP...and the yearly physical is a PIA!

9. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    This can be a very bad move. If the medical form is ruled to be invalid because of misleading data, it could lead to driving without a medical form and an invalid CDL.

[TABLE="class: cms_table"]
    [TR]
    [TD]97.[/TD]
    [TD]What happens if a driver is not truthful about his/her health history on the medical examination form?[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]The FMCSA medical certification process is designed to ensure drivers are physically qualified to operate commercial vehicles safely. Each driver is required to complete the Health History section on the first page of the examination report and certify that the responses are complete and true. The driver must also certify that he/she understands that inaccurate, false or misleading information may invalidate the examination and medical examiner's certificate.
    FMCSA relies on the medical examiner's clinical judgment to decide whether additional information should be obtained from the driver's treating physician. Deliberate omission or falsification of information may invalidate the examination and any certificate issued based on it. A civil penalty may also be levied against the driver under 49 U.S.C. 521(b)(2)(b), either for making a false statement of for concealing a disqualifying condition.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...spx#question97

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Big Don Thanks this.
  10. speedracer 1963

speedracer 1963 Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    illinois
    How about going to the doctor ?

who knows ? he or she might be saving your life or prevent you from taking someone out on the road.

11. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    I have a problem with BP tests. I have what the doctors call whitecoat syndrome. I hate doctors offices and hospitals. My BP at home is perfectly fine, but in an office I've hit 160/110. My trick is the meditation thing or what I call going to a happy place. I close my eyes and picture myself standing in the river where I have a fishing camp on a nice summer day. I feel the water around me, the fishing pole in my hands, and just mellow out. Result perfectly normal BP.

TallJoe, Ralph4159 and Victor_V Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.