need to connect mirror wiring

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by dziubak, Feb 17, 2013.

1. dziubak

dziubak Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2012
    does anyone know the wiring schematic for a moto mirror. i have a couple on my truck that were not hooked up and now i am trying to figure it out. one mirror has 3 wires on it and the other has 6. i have tried to contact moto mirror but i haven't been able to get hold of someone. any help would be nice, thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billm89

billm89 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Mass.
    I have the Moto Mirror heated power mirrors with clearance lights on my Western star, and i am quoting from their installation manual.
    Connect the ORANGE system power lead from motor switch to ignition controlled power source.
    Connect BLACK system ground lead from motor switch to ground bar behind dash. Mirror grounded through switch.

BLACK - heater and system ground
    RED - heater power
    ORANGE - system power
    WHITE - motor
    GREEN - motor
    BLUE - clearance light power if equipped

If you apply 12v to GREEN wire & ground the white wire, the motor should run in one direction- Reverse the leads, and the motor will run in the other direction.
    The Moto Mirror hotline for help is 1-800-433-6686. Good luck and hope this helps!

4. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    whats it on. are they factory to the truck if so what truck. freightline fld series the plugs are in the side kick panels in front of the door. your 3 wire is a heated mirror your six wire is a power heated mirror

5. dziubak

dziubak Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2012
    it is not factory to the truck, it does not have the light in it and it has a green, white, black, blue, and red. so i am not sure they would wire the way that bill posted. i am guessing red is power black is ground, and not sure about the rest. i was wrong it was not a 6 wire mirror, it is a 5 wire mirror. what do you think about the 3 wire mirror, it has black white and green?

6. droy

droy Heavy Load Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Are you sure the three wire mirror is a moto mirror? Asking because I seem to remember that some of the 1980s/ early 1990s model KWs had moto mirrors + heat on the passenger side- driver side mirror had heat only. Also, way back when, some trucks were equipped with three wire heat only mirrors- (high, low, ground). To far back for me to remember wire colors/association.

7. 06t800graval

06t800graval Bobtail Member

May 10, 2016
    Hey guys so I'm trying to install a led west coast mirror on my 05 kenworth t800 the factory wires are black green and white! The new mirror has black red green white. When I hook the black to the red the led on the mirror light up bright when I hook it up to white to white black to black it turns dim need a lil help on this. Ps the mirror is a heated mirror as well

8. kwcam

kwcam Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2012
    at the shop
    Kenworth wiring is White = ground. Black = park light Green = heat.
    The mirror can be different, might use black as ground, with LED they are polarity sensitive so if hooked backwards may not work.

9. 06t800graval

May 10, 2016
    Ok how about the convex mirrors is that the same white is ground green is heat? I have a feeling I put it together backwards but still is producing heat lol

10. 06t800graval

May 10, 2016
    After booking a Test light to ground and touching wires black lights up and green lights up so that is correct and I appreciate the help my friend!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.