Need to Know

Discussion in 'Prime' started by CapeBuffalo, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    It's as hard as you make it on yourself - no cash reserve, no business experience, jumping right into a lease out of training piles lots of "hard" right on top of a new driver. It's a good way to set yourself up for a painful failure. Drive on the company side for a couple of years, get good at your driving craft, and spend the time preparing for what you'll do next.

Prime is a business, not a social welfare agency. You have to help yourself a bunch to make it work. The revenue is there if you can do what's necessary to be successful.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emolson

Emolson Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    I spoke to only one Prime driver at a truck stop before and he told me alot about the company. He was driving reefer and told me his experience with that company. He sound happy to be with them and he also had the interest in becoming a lease operator but also told me its a hard business to run and dont know if he ready. So that gave me a interest in Prime and also their lease program to. Thats why I mostly became more interested into Prime, but not everyone have the same experience with them but if what he told me is true then Prime is a great company. I wish I could speak to a L/O, but I cant go talking to every Prime driver I see because I cant tell which ones are lease operators and which ones are not. But I think you should give them a try again but dont know if they will accept you again. You could always get a new instructor

4. Emolson

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    Thanks ironpony. I think I know enough to be a L/O, just dont know If I know enough to handle it for long time. I been running solo for 3 years and since im looking for another company I think trying a new experience would be great. I also had the desire to train because it would make you run more and make more money. But at the sametime a risk to

5. Wartog

Wartog Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Higginsville Missouri
    You go to prime become a trainer and then you can train me :)

6. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Love to know the motive I have? I am stating my opinion just like everyone else that posted here. :) some of is have higher standards I guess, and higher expectations.

I will be happy to compare my paycheck as a company driver to any prime lease operator. Care to post up?

7. Emolson

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    Lol I would train you if I was driving for Prime. But I think I have to be with the company for 6 months or 1 year like the other companies would require. I still havent hear a call from my recruiter :( Guess I will try to call tomorrow and see

8. Wartog

Wartog Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Higginsville Missouri
    Are you still with Werner? How are they? I got a pre hire from them lol.

9. Emolson

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    To be honest with you at first I was doing good with them. The pay was not high but I did get miles. Sometimes I use to average 2300-2500 miles and sometimes more and sometimes less. Thats why I stayed for more than 1 year. Only problem I had at the beginning with them is that they dont keep their promises sometimes and hometime was a problem to. As for their equipments they are not the best to drive sometimes, but they are ok for me. Problem Iam now having with them is to much sitting and waiting. Low miles and that means low pay so thats why I want to leave. Currently this week it was better than the last so far. Today I will give Prime a call because they havent called me yet and see how things will workout for me. Its up to you, every driver dont go thru the same experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.