Needing advice

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by barebear91, Jun 11, 2020.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    If that’s the case, top of the fuel tanks with the company card and hammer down back to the Windy City. They are going to screw you out of money any way.
    Just be sure to take pictures of the rig when you get back.
    And let it be a lesson. Stay away from those fly by night foreign companies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    if your not under a load you dont need authorization to drive the truck back, they may charge you for fuel or a cpm for empty miles but thats about it, uou already lost 3 days pay so does that really matter at this point. wait for a load and i bet its gonna be the crappiest load you ever had.

4. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I would take video. Make a nice long video moving nice and slow across every inch of that truck you can physically get to. My phone will let me snap pictures while taking video simultaneously, so snap the pictures while you video, if your phone lets you do that.

5. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    So what did the OP decide to do? In my OPINION here is what you should do. Also without a doubt what I would do. But it's your license, live hood, etc...
    It is sat, most likely there not even in today.
    1) FIRST iwould top off tanks.
    2) if dispatch was in I'd call and ask about load, or plan for next load.
    3) if I did not like the answer, or if dispatch is no in doesnt answer etc.. Start driving and have truck in thier yard on Sunday afternoon.
    4) Clean out truck, put keys someplace and go home.
    5) call Monday morning tell them thier truck is in the yard. Where the keys are, and ask when you will get your escrow back?
    6) dont hold your breath or EVER expect a penny of escrow, maint fund, last settlement etc..
    7) find a new company, ho to work and for get that nightmare.
    But that's what I would do, and how I would do it.

6. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Another wonderful reason to be a lease operator (sarcasm)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.