negative ND Craigslist postings

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by gojack, Sep 4, 2013.

1. gojack

gojack Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Ohio
    So what do Y'all think of this one?

[h=2] Small Company that needs your help hauling Water! (Reservation) [/h] Hi, I'm looking for another driver to take on an additional truck that we have hauling water in ND. We have a direct connection to the owner of company and thus have VERY steady work. Pay is set at $30 per hour and we can set you up to run a ton of hours! Most of the drivers are making $11K+ a month right now. If you have to work in ND you might as well be working and making money! We have been in ND for 2 years now so we plan to be here many more years. We don't provide housing, but if you are working you won't need housing! The pay is every 2 weeks with 2 weeks in the hole.
    If you have some experience and can start right away, let me know. You can reply by email.

http://nd.craigslist.org/trp/4050919346.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ppbr2001

ppbr2001 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Hydro, Ok
    Somebody's looking for a sucker, that's what!!

4. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    if your looking for oilfield jobs on Craigslist you are probably going to be disappointed in the job you find.

5. nd-newbie

nd-newbie Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Minot ND
    OK, well I thought I would disassemble this post based on one common scam in the oil patch...

This requires you work a minimum of one month before getting a paycheck for two weeks. Read that carefully. The company holds onto two weeks of your labor until you quit or get fired, at which time they supposedly pay the rest. The check will be in the mail after you leave. They promise. Really.

Well, if you fall for that one, the ocean-front property in Arizona is still for sale. This is a tip-off that the owner-operator who owns the truck without a driver has no capital with which to pay you until (unless) it gets paid by the oil company. Drivers in this position are financing the company's operations with their hard work.

Further, any driving position requiring you to pay for your own drug testing, background check, MVR or DOT physical are too cheap to make it in oil. Morons only need apply.

greywolfe Thanks this.
  6. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

We should resurrect this thread and cut and paste the funny CL oilfield job rants here. I read one a couple of weeks ago where a guy was going off about a company in South Texas and it was hilarious!

7. FRpopsicle

FRpopsicle Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Craigslist is hit and miss but in my opinion it is mostly miss. I have ended up with really average jobs off craigslist at best.

8. Ironman6622

Ironman6622 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    knoxville, tn
    I work for a reputable company in Watford City, ND and I make $29 an hr hauling oil, FREE HOUSING with my own key, payed swap time, and ALL PPE is FREE!! Best part of it I found my job on craigslist LOL. It is true craigslist is a joke, but I mean if you have experience and are not willing to settle for anything then do your homework. You will find that good job, just takes time.

Vegasman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.