Nettts vs Allstate

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Campbellato83, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Campbellato83

Campbellato83 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2013
    I live in CT and I am going to be starting school in the next couple of months for my class A license.there are two schools in my area Nettts and Allstate.Nettts is more expensive but the schooling in 5 months,while allstate is a lot cheaper but schooling is shorter.i know people here have gone to either one or the other.wondering which one I should attend since both are in my area.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You don't need 5 months of schooling. All you need is a 160 hr. course. Take the cheapest 160 hr. course.
    Start submitting job applications during the first week of school; don't wait until graduation.
    What type trucking are you interested in; refrigerated, dry van, flatbed, tankers?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  4. Campbellato83

Campbellato83 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2013
    right now any type but if I had to choose id say refrigerated

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a few refrigerated that hire new grads:
    Freymiller
    Navajo Express
    Calex Logistics
    Abilene Motor Express - vans & reefers
    Magnum Ltd.
    Schuster
    J&R Schugel
    Tyson Foods
    All these hire new cdl grads. If a website has "experience required" then the website isn't up to date.
    Apply to all of them during the first week of school then take the best offer.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    thejackal Thanks this.
  6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
  7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Allstate is One on One training, too. Albeit a 45 hour course.

8. Cuban05

Cuban05 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I went to both nettts and allstate. The classes at allstate are one hour and half..at nettts 5 hours and the groups in the field are so large that in maneuvers you probably get 45 minutes to 1 hour in those 5 hours your there..allstate is 1 on 1 that's your truck only for the entire 1 hour and half. I feel the instructors at netts are more incline to walk you through if you never been in the industry if you are comming completely new..the two months you spend in the classroom is lengthy but they do teach you alot...price nettts in more expensive than allstate. The course at allstate is 48 hours at nettts if you finance is 6 months... if u pay cash around 40 hours as well..there is the goods and the bads from both but over all I would choose allstate over nettts now that I been to both.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Cuban05

Cuban05 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I updated to the most honest truth just go visit both visit the fields where they practice and get a feel what u want to do..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.