never sleep again at CRETE

Discussion in 'Crete' started by 1casey05, Oct 12, 2006.

1. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I just left you info on the thread you had in the bad company section. Not sure it is current as I haven't been there, but hope it helps.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I just went to cretecarrierjobs and clicked on "terminals".....unfortunately, it does not include drop yards also like some other companies web sites......can't help you.

Nearest terminal is: 400 East Pleasant Run Road
    Wilmer, TX 75172

I have a friend that drives for Crete. He lives in San Antonio, and leaves his car in Wilmer. He runs 6 to 7 weeks out, and takes an entire week off---so the commute is worth it to him. Secure parking....no lot rent. Just buy a car cover if you're worried about the weather etc...

4. TooTall in the Seat

TooTall in the Seat Bobtail Member

May 18, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to all - another member messaged me the address for the drop yard in Houston.

5. Justin_time

Justin_time Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    What is the address, if you don't mind?

6. Paul mares

Paul mares Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    denver colorado
    crete doesnt care about there drivers..i have never seen a company treat there drivers so bad. there drivers complain all the time about miles, being lied to and so on! Only a few will say its good. Most i talk to want to quit. They stay because its a job. They used to be good but i guess the kid took over and has ruined there reputation.

7. Paul mares

Paul mares Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    denver colorado
    Only a few have that info on droplots because crete wants most to sit on load vs tcall them. Got to get on the good buddy list if you want that information

8. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I picked up a drop lot list at the terminal along with the terminal list. Right in the drivers paperwork area. Didn't know that put me in some good buddies group. :biggrin_25512:

The Space Cowboy Thanks this.
  9. medina58

medina58 Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    The thing to know about Crete is it is a good place to work if you only need to see home 3 or 4 days a month, and don't mind staying out 21-26 days at a time.

10. kilgore67

kilgore67 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2012
    95% of Crete trucks have opt idle...they get you home...you tell them when you're getting home. You control them...you have to have three years experience to train.yes, your log books have to match ...its the law. Its the only company that is debt free..so go back to us express train and the way they want you to. C. Kilgore

11. kilgore67

kilgore67 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Or should I have said; only 5% of our Trucks have opt idle. Those are the older trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.