New 2018 Freightliner

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by STexan, Apr 17, 2017.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I use an app called.where am I.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Just look up and say you're directly under the brightest star. :laughing6:

snowwy Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I was there just last night as a matter of fact. Small world.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    First thing I taught my young son when he went with me for a summer, what the mile markers meant and also we made up the word WESN, which made it easy for him to remember that the numbers got higher going West to East and South to North, by the end of his two week stay he knew the mileage across #### near every state, I think he was 10.

He just made his first trip back to Kansas last week and brought his wife and my three grand-kids, I think I was most proud when he told me he taught them the Mile Markers and WESN on his way out, got a little misty over that, lol

Now I have drivers call me with a problem, I always ask where are you at, and cringe when they tell me, "Somewhere on I-80" WTF???

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Is anyone else having an issue with the forward dome light staying on while driving (after opening/closing the door and well into your trip it's still on)? You can turn it off and it will stay off, but I can't say for sure if it's prone to staying on while out of the truck because I haven't noticed it on from the outside but can't rule out that possibility.

Also, my sleeper dome light will come on and stay on about 5 seconds then go off. Makes no difference if you turn it on from the sleeper or the cab. "Ambient [overhead] light" works okay.

It seems to have more insulation on the roof. Rained hard last night and I didn't even hear the rain on the roof.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Yes to the forward dome light staying after opening/closing the door.

No problems with the sleeper dome though. I wonder if your switch is sticking. If you hold it in it will gradually dim and that's about how long it takes for it to go completely off if you're trying to dim it.

8. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    So here's a question for the guys that came out of an older Cassie into a 2018 Evo, how do you like the one piece windshield? It's not that the divider bar ever bothered me, but I just wondered if the view was that much different?

9. tinytim

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    When the snow starts falling heavy I think I will like the one piece windshield. When I take a rock and have to replace it I don't think I'll like the one piece windshield.

10. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Tim, I haven't looked real close are the one piece units roped in or glued???

11. tinytim

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Roped I think but I'll have to check when I go back to work.

On a side note, been through some heavy rains and not a leak to be found. That never seems to happen on a new design. :)

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.