New AC bracket for Series 60

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by FitzNado, Jul 11, 2018.

1. FitzNado

FitzNado Bobtail Member

May 5, 2018
    Gentlemen! I’m driving a Glider Kit with a Series 60 12.7. I has been my experience that the old style AC compressors on these engines have always left something to be desired in the area of longevity if you get my drift. The newer compressors like those on the Dd15 seem to be much more dependable. My question is: has a bracket been made to adapt the new style AC compressor to the Series 60 engines? If so, what’s the PN for that bracket?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    All you need to tell parts people is if your compressor is pad mount or block mounted.

4. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Take a pic of the bolt heads.

5. FitzNado

FitzNado Bobtail Member

May 5, 2018
    But the compressors are not the same or?

6. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Different style compressors yes but they all bolt through the top of compressor or the front of compressor.
    Side note the new style compressors are junk, even if brand new built. They only last a year or two. The old piston style compressors lasted a million miles.
    Another side not the old style alternator can lock up. The new compact style Delco are better.
    Also check your starter it my be a Chinese piece of crap that is mostly plastic case if Fitzgerald built your glider engine.

7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg Screenshot_20180711-005055.png 2006-FREIGHTLINER-CST120-CENTURY-A-C-Compressors-Ok1R9NaN5FVV_b.jpg 2006-FREIGHTLINER-CST120-CENTURY-A-C-Compressors-Ok1R9NaN5FVV_b.jpg you should have top or bottom style.

8. FitzNado

FitzNado Bobtail Member

May 5, 2018
  9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    So I think you have the older style compressor mounting. Called block mount I think.
    I believe the compressor is called a York compressor, or kysor?
    The newer ones are sanden mostly the suck.

10. FitzNado

FitzNado Bobtail Member

May 5, 2018
  11. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    My friend has a 2001 Freightliner FLD120 with a 12.7 Series 60 that had a York to Sanden conversion kit installed a month ago.

It was done using a Mastercool Parts branded York to a Sanden A/C compressor conversion bracket kit and he couldn't be happier, (especially after going through four York compressors that burned up in the last five years.)

It cost him $530 shipped which included a genuine Sanden A/C compressor, (not a Made in China copy) a York to Sanden compressor conversion bracket, all mounting hardware and wiring harness adapter.

Also Sanden compressors are the best out there compared to a York.

The Sanden compressor I have on my Volvo VNL has been on there for 1O years, and it's still going strong.

When you do your conversion, it's strongly recommended to replace your receiver/dryer and orifice tube/expansion valve to avoid any warranty issues later.

Also with this kit, you will use the original A/C pressure lines, no need to change them or make up new lines.

You will need to call them up before ordering, as you will need to take a picture of your current setup and email it to them so they can match the right sized compressor and pulley to your application.

20-98080 - MastercoolParts.com

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    FitzNado and swaan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.