New at Averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by zigstar, Jul 17, 2018.

1. zigstar

zigstar Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Does Averitt Qualcomm has navigation system?

chopper103in Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
  4. zigstar

Nov 6, 2015
    Thanks, I’m going through orientation this week. I’m not rookie,3yrs otr. Just wanted to know if I have to buy Garmin,or just use that Navigo that Qualcomm has it.

5. zigstar

Nov 6, 2015
    Another thing, do you fuel at service centers,or truck stops? Another words do you have a fuel card?

6. chopper103in

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I fuel at both, I have the EFS fuel card

On GPS its your choice if you want to buy your own unit
    I have a Rand McNally unit myself, I very seldom use the Navigo on the Qualcomm but in the past I have been known to have my RM , Navigo and Google maps going all at the same time

zigstar Thanks this.
  7. zigstar

Nov 6, 2015
    Thanks, i will be southeast regional out of Orlando. Do you stay more at service terminals, or truck stops for you 10?

8. chopper103in

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I run on the Federal Mogul account and I tend to stay at FM locations most of the times
    I usually don't stay at service centers unless they are right next to the interstate

zigstar Thanks this.
  9. hoosier volunteer

hoosier volunteer Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Ringgold Ga
    When I was truckload, I usually tried to stay at the customer, if that wasn’t possible I would do truckstop, rest area or service center, whichever was most convenient.

chopper103in and zigstar Thank this.
  10. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    The Qualcomm unit has the Navigo system installed, but it's not very good TBH. (Keeps rerouting/locking up in a lot of places) Most people will tell you that it sux and use something else. I used it for about a week before never touching it again.

Averitt will want you to fill up at they're locations first and foremost. As for where you shut down? That is completely up to you. Most Service Centers are spaced about 2 to 2.5 hours apart. So if you plan, you can make it before your time is up. (IF your inside the Averitt network that is) Most of us that run up North or West, well...

So I personally want to do my break/fuel/SHOWER at a the SC, then shut down as close to or at the customer if I can. Rest area preferred first (Assuming I showered on my break before) SC if I'm close enough and truckstop last.

I say truck stop last in part cause I keep everything with me. I also don't like to smell the "niceties" of a truck stop. Plus I don't need the temptation of spending money, if I don't need to.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    tscottme and zigstar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.