new authority HELP!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Alesanchez1991, Jan 9, 2017.

1. tbdieseltrucking

tbdieseltrucking Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    No more new policies for first year authority through Progressive. My agent told me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tbdieseltrucking

tbdieseltrucking Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Stuck in a Rut
    Cargo price went down $500 for this year(1K), also,added $1M/2M gen liability as well. Open up your wallet drivers.

warrocgman Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah this is what I'm getting from the FMCSA, I have to carry a minimal amount of cargo insurance for cargo liabilities because it isn't covered under other general liability coverage and I am running a for hire interstate business.

Because I have a contract that includes Hazardous substances, I maintain the $5M coverage, but even if I drop that work, I am told I have to maintain cargo insurance.

tbdieseltrucking Thanks this.
  5. warrocgman

warrocgman Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Winston Salem, NC
    I got a quote from progressive for slightly less than 8k. million & 100k. I am just getting prepared to get my authority. I have been crunching number and looking at lane and rates for over a year. Almost ready to make the jump myself

tbdieseltrucking Thanks this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Make absolutely sure they will underwrite you. I was told emphatically they are not writing new authorities.

7. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    What I see a lot of people want to buy your authority if it is in good standard why is that

8. warrocgman

Jul 29, 2016
    Winston Salem, NC
    I didn't move on it... I just got the quote. It was just the one I can remember off the top of my head... When the time actually comes i will go with a good company and i will try progressive.... I will post how it goes but I probably wont make any moves until late summer unless I get an unexpected windfall. Thanx for info:)

9. ohiobred

ohiobred Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2010
    central ky
    I talked to progressive last week told me the same thing. not writing any new entrant insurance. thats what the man told me. i am having a heck of a time finding a A rated company to insure me.

10. warrocgman

Jul 29, 2016
    Winston Salem, NC
    Have you tried through the ooida?

11. ohiobred

ohiobred Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2010
    central ky
    Yes, they were i think the first i called, but I told her we were planning on staying under 26k and she basically hung up on me. Lol. I got the idea if they don't get all your money for all the other stuff like a drug consortium and all that, then they don't want nothing to do with you. That was first time I ever contacted them and didn't get very far lol

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.