New Big Tex Trailer?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by nvmyrc51, Dec 29, 2018.

1. ast26909

ast26909 Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2018
    It depends on what you want to do with the trailer, if you plan on doing lot of heavy machinery drive-on then get the flip ramps. Hydraulic tail will involve hydraulic repair/maintenance, air ride involves air system repair/maintenance. I myself prefer KISS (keep it simple ...) I would prefer the HUTCH suspension and 12k axles with hydraulic disc brakes.

I also prefer dual 16" tires more contact with the road more stable, you CAN and SHOULD get 14 ply G-rated tires they are available in both 235/85R16 and 235/80R16. The 85R16 tires are a little taller and most likely in stock everywhere the 80R16 is not readily available in most tire stores but you can buy online at www.simpletire.com For trailer tires you should choose the straight parallel tread like the Sailun S637 or Gladiator QR-35 the zig zag tread will wear unevenly. If you get 10 plies E-rated tires you WILL have tire problems all the time even though the decal on the trailer specifies it. 17.5 tires are for those who want to run single I have no experience with this running on a flatbed.

Also check out PJ trailer I think they are excellent trailer with 3-year warranty.

If anyone interested I have like new 2018 PJ (HUTCH suspension) and 2015 Maxey (air ride) for sale, both are 40' flatbed with slide in ramps (no dove tail, no flip ramps).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nvmyrc51

nvmyrc51 Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Florence, KY
    Great info guys thank you.

4. nvmyrc51

nvmyrc51 Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Florence, KY
    Ok so I ended up going with a Gatormade 35+5, air ride, dexter 12k tandem axles, electric over hydraulic disk brakes, big ramps, 17.5 wheels, and 12 sliding 4” ratchet straps. These puppies are not cheap but i has to bite the bullet. These guys are more or less local to me so I also wanted to support my Kentucky brethren.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.