New car options only available through monthly subscriptions

Discussion in 'Other News' started by TheLoadOut, Dec 3, 2023.

1. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This will make some folks avoid certain newer vehicles that have to do all of that BS!
    If I’m plunking down thousands of dollars on a vehicle with certain features those features should work straight from the factory. Now,if it’s something like satellite radio where a subscription service is involved I can see that,that’s actually reasonable. But for heated seats or other stuff that’s already pre installed in the vehicle that I’m paying or paid for and then finding out that a subscription service is required to used that feature??? F*** THAT!!!

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Their out of their minds……..

JonJon78, mjd4277 and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Absolutely.
    I have a 2022 Hyundai Elantra N Line that has heated cloth seats as STANDARD.
    That car set me back $27K after taxes and fees. The only subscription service I pay for is the Sirius XM satellite radio. How TF are BMW and Audi going to charge customers for heated leather seats or technology in their already expensive $50-$80K luxury vehicles??
    The real crazy part is my wife said that the heated seats in my car work better than the heated leather seats in her 2019 Toyota Camry!!
    Either way,both German makes are setting themselves up for disaster!

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.