New Cascadia bluetooth/radio problem

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TheDude1969, Jul 5, 2016.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    That method didn't work for me. But to be honest. I don't think the radio was 100 either.

I left the truck over 2 years ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Schofield12433

Schofield12433 Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Pair your phone to the radio. If it's like mine, it will pair for both "Call Audio" and "Media Audio". Press the Seek/Down button until "B/T Music" appears, then, on your device's Bluetooth menu, tap the Gear icon next to your radio's name, then toggle the "Call Audio" switch off.

For the headset, select the Gear icon and make sure "Media Audio" is toggled off, but "Call Audio" is on.

4. NeedHelpfulHints

NeedHelpfulHints Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2019
    Im trying to hook up my phone to the stock radio in a Freightliner cascadia and I hit SRC till its on bluetooth, hold one of the preset buttons till it says new pairing. When I hit the volume know to change it to waiting nothing happens, anyone know if my radio is messed up or not?

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

On my 2018 Cascadia to pair my phone with the stereo I press and hold the CD Eject button down until the display shows something Bluetooth or phone related. I forget if it usually shows "B/T Enabled, Add Phone, Delete Phone" or something else. Once you press and hodl the CD Eject button and something like the above shows on the radio display turn the volume button to cycle through all of the B/T options until it reads Add Phone and then press and release the volume button. Now look at your phone's B/T settings and select the truck stereo. My truck stereo is called DEA500RADIO. Once the stereo and the phone see each other the stereo will send a PIN to the phone and you accept it. Once you do that your phone and stereo are connected. In my phone BT settings I make sure my stereo is just connected for Media Audio as I do not use it for Call Audio.

6. Semi Normal

Semi Normal Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2019
    . Yep. I had the same issue with my 2018 Cascadia. It is the Delphi radio. I put up with this issue for several months off and on until finally the radio quit entirely. Freightliner put in a new Delphi and the issue was resolved. Some of the Delphi radios are just garbage. Currently, the replaced radio will not give call or text notifications.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Did you go through your phone bluetooth settings and allowed call and text for the new radio?

8. Blackfly

Blackfly Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2014
    The woods, Connecticut
    I have a new 2021 Cascadia, the radio which the Co. mechanic said was a different model than my 2018 looks exactly the same. Don’t think it has Bluetooth, but with my older one I just plugged in the iPhone through the USB, and it played whatever I put on. My new truck however decided - USB charge ( even though it said play for a second ) then it crapped out completely - locked into the USB charge screen whether it was on or off, haha. Two visits and three radio replacements later, it still won’t do the simple task my old truck did. (POS), which sounded great - on the rare occasion that the left speakers joined in. That’s right, after 10 miles to 330,000 miles my left speakers never worked except when the mood struck them.
    I could tell you the rest but I only have 2GB left on my plan. Lol. The radio in there says : CSS-6030J

9. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Freight liner likely paying $10 for those stock radios. Mine just quit pairing one day. I’ve had radio replaced once, its what I consider the second most critical component in truck,,,Heater is #1!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I've seen phone software updates disable. The next update fixes.

'88K100 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.