New Cascadia!

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Round2, Apr 11, 2012.

1. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I prefer to just go into the back and make a sandwich while the cruise is driving. Much nicer that way.

on a really good day, I can make a bowl of soup to go with it.

Lantern, DrtyDiesel and scottied67 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    I've had my 12 Cascadia for 2 weeks. Love it! It has the enhanced aero package so you fill the tanks from behind the skirting and no worries about the nozzles falling out. The cruise does the "I'll work when you reset me EXACTLY how I want you to this time" that every Cascadia I've ever driven does. Since it's an O/O truck no hassles with 5 minute shutdown...EVER. I never noticed that the steering wheel is not centered in front of the seat until I read it here and now of course I can see it. Doesn't bother me. My truck had a DD15 and so far I've very happy with it. When I drove flatbed the company Cascadias never got decent mileage, mid 6s were common. My truck is averaging over 7. Worst tank to date was 6.9 fighting a nasty headwind, today I'm getting over 8 with only 12,000 lbs in the box running the Rockies. The trick (for mileage) with a DD15 is keep it between 1000-1500 rpm. Since I'm running solo it has way more storage capacity than I'll ever need.

scottied67, nicnat2 and MNdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.