New Celadon Arrival

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by ThreadingToolGuy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. fueldog

fueldog Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Agricola,MS
    OK,, lets settle this Idle Thing,,,,, You can Idle to keep warm and cool... bottom line... So maybe who's saying you can't has an issue with his/her truck or with their driving times and idles times with the company.. they do keep a track of it thru the Qual com,, I have had no issues with Idleing when I want... :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. billsgirl

billsgirl Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Bill never had an issue. His idle time was always lower than the company requirement. That is why we were so HOT!!! People can and HAVE been fired from Celadon for excessive idling. Every week we got a report from the DM of her "fleet" average idling and if there was one or two guys over, we knew about it. Now I am sure she was just doing her job and not trying to be a b&^%* We had a bunk heater in the ProStar and we never got cold but in the summer it was brutal. Especially when you end up between two trucks that are idling all night, you have the back windows open all of the 1/2 inch they will open, and all you can hear is them. Oh, add a reefer or two and you have a concert:biggrin_25511:

4. jfr

jfr Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Great Lakes State of Mind
    Their qualifications are on the move, too. I called about four weeks ago regarding recruiting newbs. They said I would need 3 months experience before they would consider me. Yesterday I did a mass application through bigtruckdrivingjobs.com and got a reply from Celadon today. I thought, oh goodie, they changed their requirements. Ah, well yes they did. I sent them a reply eMail and Pat got back to me. The minimum requirement is now 12 months! Well, scratch them off my list.

Small rant here: Why do they send these auto replies out to the newbs if they aren't hiring them? To me it reflects poorly on the company. If they are sloppy about stuff like this where else will they be sloppy? Payroll?! Planning & Dispatch?

5. kingsson

kingsson Heavy Load Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    They need to set their filters for experience levels. But hey, they answered you! Imagine, you get a response doing an app on the vacuum cleaner. I click on the button on THEIR OWN WEBSITE to have a recruiter contact me, and get no response... at least twice! Go figure! And I do have more than enough experience!

jfr Thanks this.
  6. fueldog

fueldog Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Agricola,MS
    Hey JFR,, sounds like your pounding the salt, look'n for a job.. My recent experience with all the major companies,, simular to what you experienced with Celadon,, I understand what your saying,, but, and there is always a butt? Times are tough, no excuse, but a fact... a company does what it has to or what it thinks is should, and evidence shows sometimes they don't think either,, whoever They are, I never can find them either... But chill a little.. Celadon is a good company like you and I trying to survive,, they don't owe any of us a job.. Not perfect but after being in this work place for 40 years, and owning my own company for 25 years, we both could be on the street corner with a cardboard sign.. they say they make $200 a day, that beats $150 a day at Celadon,, but I like jamm'n gears better... I new to Celadon, 8 wks, ave 2200 miles,$690 a wk,, things will get better, you need to overlook the little things, getta drive'n job and it'll all be better... Have a good one out there and hope to see you.. Fueldog:biggrin_25525:

jfr Thanks this.
  7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Theres a driver called bunny who works for them. Not sure if shes been around lately but search in "Favorite company" section and you'll find a thread started by her.

KH

8. kingsson

kingsson Heavy Load Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    I think Bunny came off the road. Her grandmother passed away and the last post I saw from her was that she was thinking of staying home with her family a while. Her thread is worth a visit, though she was not at Celadon long.

9. jfr

jfr Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Great Lakes State of Mind
    I have a positive attitude about this job search. As you have to or you'd go nuts! I had a close call with Watkins Shepard but they stopped hiring out of MI. I have a line on two others right now that have training slots in 3 and 5 weeks. Should have confirmation letters from both by month end.

10. ThreadingToolGuy

ThreadingToolGuy Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Menomonee Falls, WI
    Hey boys & girls! Well, this thread went off on to some interesting tangents. Anyways, got through Orien. and assigned a '07 Freight. Don't have major problems with the Frieght., but its got a Detroit, which I still can't figure out. Their newest engine sounds promising, but ... it would be nice to get over bumps with out having to have to downshift, but maybe that's a different thread. Anyways, Celadon is so far "refreshing". They don't seem to be so anal about fairly trivial things. Their whole hometime concept is really exceptional - hometime is hometime, no messing around! The idle posts I have seen are mostly strange. The trucks have little computers (ECM's) that monitor stuff like that. The magic number is 40%. Below that, and your truck can go 65 - hee ya! Over that, and you can only go 63 - sad. In addition, no one will complain how much you idle when the temp. is below 32 or above 70 - although it will still affect your speed. An APU would be nice, but a newer truck and good batteries can work as good. A bunk heater should be standard, but considering that I'm writing this in April, it kind of doesn't matter much anymore. Celadon does seem to turn their fleet over pretty fast - 1-1/2 - 2 years (sometimes longer). Anyways, you all have a great day, be safe out there, and have fun!

Baack Thanks this.
  11. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Good luck and make sure you run legal and log legal :).:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.