new crete driver

Discussion in 'Crete' started by BIG SARGE, Jan 5, 2013.

1. BIG SARGE

BIG SARGE Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2012
    massachusetts
    Got hired the other day at crete, I start in 2wks, most of my twenty yrs of driving has been local work. I'm going to the regional fleet. what can I expect as far as a trainer is concerned? hopefully everything will work out fine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    My trainner was very good...His name is Eric (Buddy) Brooks..Maybe you can ask to have him as your trainer.....He is retired Marine , and great as a trainer.....First 4 weeks..You will do most all of the driving..While the trainer watches....Next 4 weeks you will run super solo...Each of you will drive a 10 hour day...And the truck will sit for the remaining 4 hours...So you both will have some sleep time without the truck moving....Good luck to you

4. Warlock4

Warlock4 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2013
    If you've been driving for 20 yrs, why would you have a trainer???

5. BIG SARGE

BIG SARGE Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2012
    massachusetts
    I didn't say I need a trainer, I just wanted to find out if much has changed since the last time I was over the road driving

6. Warlock4

Warlock4 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm sorry, I realized I sounded like a smart ###!! No offense ment, just wondering why they would see the need to give you a trainer! Is that their policy??

7. iraqralph43

Jan 9, 2012
    Have over 25 years driving a truck...But because I drove in Iraq for the last 8 years... as a civilian contract driver.....I had to go out with a trainner...D.O.T. rules say ......If you havent driven under D.O.T. rules at least one year....In the past 3 years..You are a new driver under their rules....

8. Warlock4

Warlock4 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Ok, That clears it up!! Thanks!

9. slowride69101

slowride69101 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Uncle Sam has different rules for the Iraqis. Typical govt. red tape.

10. iraqralph43

Jan 9, 2012
    the rule is for anybody...if you havent driven under dot rules for at least 1 year..... in the last 3 years....you are considered a new driver...i drove for Averitt for 15 years before working in iraq...even averitt said they couldnt hire me back...until i found a company to drive for a year.....crete has a training program for military contractors like me....and for ex military....

11. Bucky

Bucky Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    The lack of recent experience issue was created by the insurance industry, and is not part of any DOT regulation.
    I have over a million miles accident and violation free miles prior to 2007, and one month recent hauling doubles for self-insured UPS,
    but I still need to ride with a trainer if I want a truck driving job with any company who is not self-insured.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.