New Double drop with open center.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by nikmirbre, Dec 14, 2017.

1. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    It even has hold downs for outrigger planks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Ive got an appt with PEE DEE truck and trailer next week to have them make me some up...... thanks for the heads up on this....I didn't even think about this until @Rontonio posted it.....

Oxbow Thanks this.
  4. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    If want to be really cool

Have them build you some neck supports while they are at it

Take square tubing and have them drill holes about every 2-4” and then weld flat stock on top with the outer edge rolled up. Then have them bolt/weld some large tube to the outside of the frame so the smaller tubing side up and down vertically have them drill a hole about 4” down perpendicular to the frame - then get a large hitch pin to put through the holes (these hold up the adjustable tubes) and the neck rests on the top inner tubing.

You won’t have to use a wooden block to support the neck when detaching and WHEN you drop the neck on the ground you can use the supports to lift the neck using your air and a block on the ground.

Hopefully you can visualize what I am describing. If I could draw it would be easier ... good luck

cke and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    4ABE531A-AA46-435B-B36D-A4EC2C8B1104.jpeg AE834D2E-CBEF-4E21-8CD9-54FDD179B22F.jpeg Here is a picture of mine when I had them

soloflyr, kylefitzy and cke Thank this.
  6. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I have crusher screen fit into the openings that works great for chain/binder/block storage. It is welded on to the bottom flanges (from the factory).
    OTR guys may not be able to leave chains and binders on your trailers, but it works great for us.

SAR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.