New driver for intermodal

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by makeit, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    csx, pacer, cruiser, jbhunt any company that hauls 53 footers is a ok outfit, anything coming out of the ports are overweight and chassis are one bump away from falling apart

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida

4. Flatbedder73

Flatbedder73 Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Langhorne, PA
    Thanks Ruckie, Ive seen what you mean, lol.

5. 816craig

816craig Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Private carrier, or subcontract for o/o

6. Winbot

Winbot Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Have you run intermodal lately? JB and SNI both pay their intermodal guys out the Ahole compared to the vast majority of other newbie companies out there. As a first year company driver I gross 1000-1100 a week regional and I still make it home 2-3 extra nights per week. I almost never have live loads, I've had to get a flip 3 times in the last six months and when I get stuck at the rails doing that crap I get detention pay. I get awesome extra short haul and live load pay. If i run less than 110 miles I make 75 CPM. There probably are some pretty sketchy companies out there but it seems to me from what you are saying that things are changing.

RERM Thanks this.
  7. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Just moved to Florida this year and was looking into running ports, but don't know much about it. Ran some years ago as a company driver but wanting to go O/O now. If anyone could give me some info that is still doing it, that would be great. Email address is Stacey7663@yahoo.com.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.