New Driver, Getting Exhausted With Trainer

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jmarc77, Jun 21, 2022.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yeah, I agreed with another person who pointed that out earlier.

I just hope he's getting 10 hours off and not "in the sleeper berth" wink wink nudge nudge.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

For Benadryl you can get a 500 count bottle from Sam's club(store brand) for 4.95. Think it went up to 5.95 recently. Cheaper than the brand named stuff by a long shot and the exact same ingredients, at lest according to the label.

I've said my piece on melatonin in the other thread on it, but as far as the Tylenol PM, Excedrin PM, Advil PM, etc...keep in mind to much of that stuff can harm you. I speak from experience. It's what made me try melatonin. The PMs Messed with my stomach, caused more issues with not being able to sleep than it did to help me go to sleep. I also had a REALLY hard time falling asleep without it after awhile. No matter how hard I worked that day, exercised, whatever. Back then I was unloading trucks for a retail company, usually alone. My company was cheap. ;)

Nowadays, if it's bad enough I'll pop a Benadryl, maybe 2 if I have the time to sleep it off. Usually though, I find relaxing the mind via whatever method that works, is the best option for me. I find music works for me. Instrumental. Doesn't matter the kind...Jazz, Classical, instrumental covers, etc. My go to these days is a Blues group that does nothing but instrumental blues. I like the blues normally, so no stretch for me to dig it.

I tried the ZZZ stuff...didn't really work for me. Worked like a Nyquil minus the cold stuff. Slept for 4 hours, then woke not feeling very rejuvenated.

Good luck, and remember training doesn't last forever.

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

gentleroger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.