New driver

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Scvready, Dec 30, 2017.

1. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scvready

Scvready Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana

I haven't changed my song. The proof is in the thread. Please don't lie. As far as bad attitude, maybe sometimes.

I'm human and I get insulted too so when someone (toomanybikes) talks #### to me he deserves a nasty attitude. I don't pull numbers from my ### I researched and people are making those numbers. I want to be like them not like those who aren't. It's doable get over it or get with it!

4. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Spouse and I was a team. FFE was not the only company we ran that year. We had one other dedicated exclusively to McKesson.

Yes that truck was a 63 mph truck and it never stopped. Fueled 300 plus gallons every 24 to 30 hours. And spouse made for a total team for the other half of me. I was night she was morning.

In the new ELD era, that team truck will run 11 hours per driver instead of 10 hours with us. So, 20 hours per 24 for us, versus 22 hours per 24 for you however, mandatory breaks etc will cut into the earnings and overall miles.

I still strongly believe a team is the ultimate bypass for obsolete HOS rules. Look at the railroad, they work/drive 16 hours exactly then someone comes out to collect the crew wherever they stopped dead at 15 hours and 59 minutes. That train engine set and train will SIT however long necessary to get a legal crew on it ready for another 16 hours. There is one right now in a town not far from me waiting. It will be there a while. Quietly idling with enough handbrakes set for a rested crew to show up.

I don't know what the fuel burn is on a V16 big enough to hold a man in a cylinder with a turbo large as this room I am in. But they carry a ocean of fuel and don't care really.

If you can unleash truckers with individual full 16 hours for driving if necessary to the work day, you will see the economy take off. We only need 8 hours or thereabouts to get rested.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    In other words, don't try to convince you with facts and logic?
    I think that you just might obtain your goals but if you don't you'll probably blame other people for your failure.
    We're not here to be your cheering section. You ask, we answer. You got the the full range of experience from several people. That's worth a lot if you can bring yourself to see it.
    Now let's see what you do with it.

Good luck to you kid, you're going to need it.

7. Scvready

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    Thanks and I'll never blame anyone on here for my failure. I know the possibilities of failure exist. I was confused when people on here were saying success isn't possible. That's what I was arguing. As far as cheering me on, I don't want that from anyone here either. I do that for myself haha. I only wanted some advice that's it

8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Possibly the best advice I’ve read on here.

swaggerjacker Thanks this.
  9. Scvready

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    Just a quick update. I have about 3 more weeks before I obtain my CDL. I'm still going to give myself till end of March to leave my current job. I'm not going to miss it!

I'm going the OO route from the get go. I Know most of you don't agree with me but I'm giving a shot anyway. If it doesn't work then wasn't meant to be! I will always have the option to drive for a company in the future ...... God forbid!

I will probably just start another thread when I'm on the road just to let guys know it's working out for me if you are interested. I'm sure the haters would love to see me fail but I'm not afraid of trying. Anyway I know a few people on here were saying it can't be done and I will let everyone know whether I am successful or a complete failure.
    Peace!

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Bold move but I am sure it can be done though I agree with those saying it's better to get some experience as a company first.Good luck!

Scvready Thanks this.
  11. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Very bold move indeed. The worst that can happen is you go broke, pick yourself back up and try it again. Hopefully, you learned something the first time and increase your chances of getting it done the second time around.

Ohhh to be young again with no responsibilities. It's going to be one of the best times of your life so try to make the best of it. Above all else, learn from your mistakes.

Scvready Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.