New drivers arrogance

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Buckeye 'bedder, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Buckeye 'bedder

Buckeye 'bedder Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    Your first statement is well taken, as I should have stated some new drivers. My so called diatribe with incomplete thought as you have duly noted, was directed to only those new drivers who believe they already know all there is about trucking; not every new driver. I am sure most drivers realized to what I am referring to. Your second statement is irrelevent to the op. I am not aware that racial factors have anything to do with the attitudes of some new drivers, but If you wish to bring racial or culture factors into the discussion, then you obviously have issues pertaining to race. By all means continue trying to not only convince me that "I wish to become that which I criticize, but also impress me with your analogies. I do wish to thank you Professor, for helping me realize I need to express myself with more eloquence. :biggrin_25517: (sarcasm intended)

Bumpy, jeddomike and rambler Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Well said Buckeye bedder....Oh no,did I just do something wrong agreeing with you,as your white,and the last time I looked so am I?? ####.,guess I am a racist too now?? Oh well,people can think whatever...,hell with em...yup,I said to hell with em..:biggrin_25511:

rambler and 123456 Thank this.
  4. Buckeye 'bedder

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    Bumpy, I don't believe the trucking Professor was calling me a racist. Actually, with my kindergarten education and all, I isn't quite sure what he is trying to say. He sure does impress me with his fancy writin' skills and..... Oh, wait! The Beverley Hillbillies is coming on the moving pictures box! I have to go!

jeddomike and rambler Thank this.
  5. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Yeah,well,and as much as I like these mindless arguments on here,I AM HOME..,and there are certainly no shortages of aforementioned..:biggrin_255:

6. bbqguy

bbqguy Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2010
    East Wenatchee, WA
    I won't try to convince you that the analogy I used had not one wit to do with race; you seem to be convinced that the analogy WAS about race and not about self-flagellating mindsets. Whatever. The fact that you found the analogy irrelevant is simply your opinion as the author of the OP intent on defending your post. I do find it mildly amusing that you think using analogies or examples, as a method of trying to clarify a point, are being done to impress you. :biggrin_25526:

Written language is tricky for everyone, and eloquence has not one thing to do with it. It requires a precision which is, for the most part, not as critical in casual spoken conversation where one has the ongoing ability to almost instantaneously provide a correction to either an incomplete or a misunderstood statement, while at the same time providing clues in body language, facial expression, and vocalized emotion which allows the listener to more fully characterize the intent of what has been said. Emoticons, even if used appropriately, are a poor substitute in the written word. In addition, casual conversation most often leaves no record the way posts to a thread often do.

I appreciate your clarifications, and there are portions of what you have written in this thread with which I completely agree.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. Buckeye 'bedder

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    Let's just end it at that.

8. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    New drivers can be as arrogant as they want. just stay away from me.look at the industry today as it is changing. its not getting better, its getting worse by the day. i can remember when i started driving in 1977, the public had a somewhat decent opinion on truckers. today, the general public treat us like the plague! with some in this industry, i cant blame them a bit! if i had a chance to do it over again, i would have went to tech school for another trade. at most i have 7 years of driving left. i renewed my CDL for the last time. so for those that this applies to, go ahead and brag about your 2 years OTR experience.. maybe in 3 more years you will actually be able to say you are comfortable but in my opinion 2 years experience is just enough to get yourself in trouble so go ahead and make fun of us old timers.

Joetro and Giggles the Original Thank this.
  9. jgremlin

jgremlin Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Why not? How else can I expect to learn anything? As a professional instructor, I would expect you to understand that.

Somehow you kinda know? Shouldn't you know exactly because its your job to know the CDL manuals for the states you cover inside and out?

I think its interesting that state testers would require the brake test to be done in a specific order. Not questioning you on it, obviously you are the instructor. But like I said, I think its interesting. Something I never heard of. And for the life of me, I can't imagine why it would matter in terms of safety. Any idea why your particular state is so up tight about it?

And me what? I can't ask questions when presented with information that I've never heard before and which doesn't make sense to me? Is your ego really that fragile?

10. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    This is surprisingly accurate...

11. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

well said...couldnt agree more...but I am sure someone will find something wrong with what you said...and that i agree...lol ,since they know it all...

Marksteven Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.