New Front Bumper

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by awright, Nov 12, 2018.

1. awright

awright Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Who makes good front bumpers these days? I need a new 18" Boxed end for my Peterbilt 379. The guy parking across from me last week did not like mine I guess. I havn't bought a bumper in many years, and have heard stories of them not lasting like the old day. Chrome vs Stainless what are you guys running these days?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TankerYankr

TankerYankr Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Central US
    Check with 4 State Trucks in Joplin, MO. They keep a large selection of bumpers in stock including those with cut outs for lights.

Their main supplier is Valley Chrome, they manufacture some excellent products, and if needed stand behind their warranty.

Just bear in mind if you need one special ordered it will most likely take 6 to 8 weeks to get.

Plain or common light configurations are usually ready to go.

Bean Jr., Rideandrepair and Tug Toy Thank this.
  4. awright

awright Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2016
    ok thanks Valley Chrome is a good product then. I am not in a huge hurry, mine bent back ok. I just want to get one picked out while the mega company still has their wallet open.

Rideandrepair and Tug Toy Thank this.
  5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Get a herd bumper, the next time a deer jumps out in front of you he's dead and your truck just needs a bath.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I used to get them pretty cheap from Keystone Automotive. Stopped at 1 in AL. Prices went up. Truckomat Iowa 80 Chrome Shop In Effingam if you’re over that way.Pick up a custom length stainless Catwalk while you’re there very nice price

7. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I was surprised that iowa80 had the best price on a Valley Chrome Stainless.

Shop online because everybody has a sale on one particular style periodically. The kind you want may be on sale at 4 States, and next month Raney's will have it on sale.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Look your hood mounts over real good. I had a guy catch mine with tail swing got the steer tire,hub cap,and bumper. About four months later hood nearly hit the ground. I’m 99% sure the broken mount was from the tail swing incident.

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Find an old piece of frame rail. Cut it to size and bevel the ends. Paint it or have it chromed.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  10. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    This is what I run and so far I haven't had to use it.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.