new general lee?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by NB84, Nov 30, 2011.

1. NB84

NB84 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Odessa Mo
    I just ordered a new general lee. When it arrived, the box didn't have the confederate flag on the outside and said general HP. The radio has a confederate flag on the right side next to the channel display but only says general HP. Is this the same as the general lee or was there a bait and switch?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MassHole

MassHole Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    wareham, mass
    Sound like all the ones i seen. Should be just a small confederate to the left of the channel indicater

4. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    For a minute there I started to think maybe they removed the flag because someone complained about it being racist. :biggrin_25523:

MudduckDx Thanks this.
  5. NB84

NB84 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Odessa Mo
    Thanks , its good to know its the real deal.
    :biggrin_25519:

6. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Dude...What did you pay for that radio?

Thats NOT a General Lee...That is the New General HP,(also called: General HP 40W) which is a 100w (pep) radio. The General Lee is a dual final radio that does about 40w's (pep)

Not allot of difference between the two, other than the fact the General HP does 100w's out of the box, and has no Rebel Flag on the face...There should also be a heat sink on the bottom of the radio which is the Amp where the finals are at.

The General HP usually runs around $250-$300 where the General Lee's are closer to $200 in price.

If a switch was done in your order, then you came out smelling like a rose, if what you payed for was a General Lee...

7. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Thats why they make the General Washington that has a American Flag for those who just have to be politically correct all the time...same exact radio, just different flags.

8. AB7IF

AB7IF Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Somewhere, Ar
    Exactly what happened. The original faceplate had the long cross from end to end. Then smaller, then a tiny one. I tried getting replacement new ones for refurbishing the model and was informed due to complaints and even threats of legal action by various groups the Mfg stopped producing the originals.

9. NB84

NB84 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Odessa Mo
    There is no heat sink on the bottom and there is a flag on the radio. It just says general HP on the radio instead of general lee.

10. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING :biggrin_25513:

In that case I'm going to save my dixe cups cause if they keep it up the south is going rise again :yes2557:

MudduckDx and josh.c Thank this.
  11. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Well, not to get off topic, but Mississippi is the only state left that uses a confederate flag as part of their state flag. Georgia lost theirs a few years ago when a bunch of people protested it as being racist. Heck I went to buy a model car General Lee (Dukes of Hazzard) one day and they took the flag off the roof due to controversy. Of course the decal was still in the box.

I was not aware that the General Lee once had a full face confederate flag. I have seen those inlays sold by various dealers though that you can have put one. I think I did read somewhere the General Washington was the same radio as the Lee sans the confederate flag.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.