New guy from MO

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Farmer Wulf, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Farmer Wulf

Farmer Wulf Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2020
    im just a young farmer who has taken up a job hauling high end horse trailers all over the mainland US. I get from point A to Point B fine but I know I need to better my craft just like I want to grow great yielding corn and soybeans I need to be the best driver I can be not just for me but for my fellow haulers. If an experienced person has time to talk I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and have a safe haul.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Grind em til ya find em and put the fuel pedal thru the radiator !!

Doealex and Farmer Wulf Thank this.
  4. Farmer Wulf

Feb 14, 2020
    I heard that same advice from my grandfather hahah. Is there any tips you can give when it comes to flashing the lights? Noticed it’s guys normally flashing 2 times or 3. Does this mean I’m doing something wrong?

Flat Earth Trucker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013

What do u mean flashing the lights? If u go to pass somebody and they flick the lights on and off , they are telling u that u are clear to come back over.u can thank them by hitting the 4 way flashers for a couple seconds

6. Farmer Wulf

Feb 14, 2020
    Perfect. Thank you. That was my gut feeling just needed to make sure. Is there any other tips like that, that a rookie could find handy? Thank you for your time.

7. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    No problem boss!! The biggest piece of advice i could give is to just take ur time, even more important when u get in a sticky situation , its best to think it thru and figure out the best way to get out of a bad situation without wrecking anything. In my experience its when u start to rush and get frustrated bad things happen ! Case in point , was tarping my freight on this last load and i started to get pissed off and frustrated and next thing i know i fell off the deck and tumbled all the way to the ground. Trucking has a way of humbling u when u think u know somethin ! Just take it slow and easy and use ur brain more than ur pride and ego

8. Farmer Wulf

Feb 14, 2020
    Thanks again!

9. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    That's good advice

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Don't put your foot through the radiator because it'll lose all of it's fluid and overheat causing the heads to crack. Then you won't be going anywhere.

Sorry, D. Tibbit. :p

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted