new guy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by daylight76, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Gumboslef9384

Gumboslef9384 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2019
    TX
    Im in TX now but moving to FL soon. Probably around tampa. I didnt see many trucking jobs there though. Im not sure if ill be able to find any good ones that arent OTR. Id like to do tanker maybe even class B tankers. Why do you think it pays more than van? I wish I had done tanker when I was doing OTR but never even considered it. I thought they wouldnt hire a new driver. Also, I had a small accident a year ago thats not on my MVR. I backed into a pole and caused minor damage. When I got my current job they told them about it so im afraid they wont hire me for tanker now anyway if I put my OTR job on the app and they contact them. I guess that small accident is going to haunt me forever unless I leave that OTR job off the application. Then itll seem like I have no experience. Im not sure what to do about that.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They'll find out about the accident because of the requirement to go back 10 years on work history for cdl drivers.
    C&C Concrete Pumping in Tampa might hire you. It's local work and will train to operate the equipment.
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. Gumboslef9384

Gumboslef9384 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2019
    TX
    Do you think its still possible to get a tanker job with a preventable accident like that?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This agency hires cdl drivers for class A or B.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Non otr in Tampa Coke (my job), Pepsi, McLane, Sysco, Old Dominion, Saia, Southeastern, XPO. Local jobs a plenty around here.

Gumboslef9384 Thanks this.
  8. daylight76

daylight76 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2019
    yes out of crossville and I see TDL Logistics on the crossville application and knoxville also has there own stuff

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. daylight76

Aug 3, 2019
    if
    thanks, I think i would have to move to Knoxville for a tanker job, I have looked at some jobs out of knoxville and crossville has different companies coming in here , I might have to talk to one of the tanker drivers if i see one in a gas station. I think I would either do yard jockey or Try in the future Tanker drivers since it pays good and home daily

10. daylight76

Aug 3, 2019
    I see it also, some companies what the driver to hire people with at least like 3years ,others say as long as you have a cdl, and hazmats and other training your go, some even say they will train you from what i looked at

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    A&R Transport probably hires Crossville drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.