New in Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Mazzucha, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Mazzucha

Mazzucha Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2006
    hey The Rev.. you were right, I just have my CDL, and done with the training, I just have left a couple of days with a intermodal training and I'll be by myself. Actually, I like this training, It was a little hard, but if you put some spirit, and if you think ahead, you'll do it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The_Rev

The_Rev Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    Cool, welcome to the family. ;) Intermodel was another area I would have looked into if I couldn't do Bulk. I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go to what is left of the Evergreen OC to pickup a truck there and take it to Dallas and then on to Houston to get my assigned ride.

4. Cloud

Cloud Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Oklahoma City, Okl
    Its who i'm signed up for .. I'm just waiting on the DOT part now.
    if i pass.. then training begins Jan 20th

Cloud

5. The_Rev

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    You training in Dallas?

6. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    rev,if you take the per diem,you get all 52 dollars of it for every day you are out away from home whether you work or not,no taxes are paid on your part of perdiem,its all to the good right off the top,if you don't take it,you are taxed on all your perdiem and only get a portion of it when you itemize,you only get 3/4 of it when you file it yourself,like 39.00,instead of 54,its 58 in canada if you run it,if you are out for 270 days at 54 a day,you will get14580.00 right off the top with no taxes or ss on it. remember if they give you 2 cents a mile perdiem,and you don't get the 54. each day ,you can still claim the whole difference up to 54 a day regardless of any miles you run. Before anyone opts out of perdiem,make sure you check with a private accountant that knows trucking. just trying to help you guys out. its true that if you get a loan you won't show your total income,but unless your going to mortgage a house or retire soon your money is better getting the perdiem,one thing to keep in mind,that perdiem of 14580.00 could all go into a retirement fund too. Thats the best thing to do if you can afford to do it. Good luck with schneider,think you'll be fine. take care.

7. retnavoff94

retnavoff94 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Twinsburg, OH
    Did you use their simulator? If so, how was it and how long were you on it? Also, how do you like Bulk division?

8. Cloud

Cloud Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Oklahoma City, Okl
    That will be where I'll be going .. so yep

Cloud

9. darkhorse

darkhorse Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2006
    whats intermodal driving?

10. Mazzucha

Mazzucha Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Intermodal is working with containers, in the railyard.

11. The_Rev

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    It was OK. It can't take the place of a truck. It worked for some people do learn double clutch. Was ok to get the techniques of snub braking down a mountain but it definitely cannot take the place of the real thing. You don't stay on the sim for very long. The first day you might be on/off it for an hour or so. Most exercises only take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The guys there spend more time screwing with you like running a deer into the side of your truck in a warehouse.

Bulk is good so far but I'm just getting started. I'm here in Houston picking up my truck.

david07003 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.