New Internationals

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, May 21, 2018.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem

It looks to be the same size as the last batch of Prostars they are replacing now. Those feel larger than the Mack due to head space. If automatics these will be the first internationals we have had with auto transmissions. Post a few pics once you get moved in

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    they are autos! They have the 'crash litigation' system in them. I had the shop pull out the passenger seat and WOW, it's a whole different truck, I actually have space in it! haha

4. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Thank God I got one of the last Mack’s without all that babysitting BS.

5. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    well....it's not all THAT BAD, but it's gonna take some getting used to. Funny thing you mentioned that 'babysitting BS', I get down the road to carustar for oshkosh yesterday and boom, My ELOG won't tick over to drive, and since they took away us pushing the 'drive' I have to run paper and deliver and go right back home with a load out of Markham. Once again, no luck this year. I pack for 2-3 weeks and go out for 4-5 days! All it is is a stupid sensor that either was not installed correctly or was just bad to begin with. Someone told me yesterday to just 'cheat' and run it on up...what people don't realize is, your quallcomm 'dings' your truck every 10-15 minutes. Everything works fine on it, except the drive line. I've been 'off duty' for almost 34 hours(elogs), and have used almost 17 of my 70 hours(paper). So that's pretty cool! lol But turns out Markham OR Kankakee can't fix my simple fix.

6. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    The new prostar's have cameras, right? Also, I wonder if the A/C will be weak in the cab and sleeper like the old ones.

7. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I looked at 1 a few days ago. It had the forward facing camera. No driver watching one. It also had the front radar that can put on the brakes if you get too close to something.

Glad I got a new Mack and will be 4-5 years before I see it.

Thermos Bottle Thanks this.
  8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    ok...YES...the a/c sucks just as bad as the old ones...gets good and cold...then all of a sudden, stops working for a bit! Welcome to 'old life' in a 'Prostar'! GRRRRRRR The 'crash litigation system' sucks, to a point! I used one at Estes for a short time, but messing around with it....it only 'reacts' when you're on cruise control. IE if you are are behind an idiot doing 53 in a 65, you'll do 52 or less...take off cruise, let that dumb thing 'beep' then pass, when you have a chance! The Gear ratio is way different as well. They are 10 speeds...I 'set' cruise to 65, yet it does mainly 64...sometimes, so far(I ran mostly from HP to Markham since my elogs were not working) it would hit 65, but it would only hit 1100 RPM at full on speed! Here's another thing I have to get used to. When you pull breaks, all doors UNLOCK! I HATE THAT! Also, when you park for break and want to keep engine in 'idle' you need to make sure cruise is 'set' and then push 'resume button' to idle up to 650 RPM(it's set to right above 500) or else it'll automatically shutoff (Idle Shutoff). Yeah,,,,these are pretty much...well almost as bad as the Prostars....just has a better engine.....but the engine is setup up so horribly, what in the heck is the point....as the old saying goes, "screw me once, my fault, screw me twice, I'm an idiot for falling for it twice!' and from what I've heard, we are going all International. So far, this is what I've dealt with...hope you guys look forward to it! muahahahaha

9. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Superior loves those internationals, they were losing drivers left and right behind those trucks. Now they want to go back to them, makes no sense

10. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    I like this design yet I hate this.:(

11. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    Those always looked like something Spider Man would drive! That's what I always thought/

Maj. Jackhole Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.